1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to create a sitemap for Google to re-index 40,000 fake pages?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by Shibain, Nov 18, 2020.

How to remove from the Google index pages of my site that were created by a virus Japanese keyword hack&?

It is necessary to remove from the Google index links to the pages of my site https://quartercheapersigns.ca/ that were created by a virus - about 43 800 pages in Google index. The virus and the pages it created were removed from the site. A week ago, changes were made to the sitemap for reindexing. But so far the pages have not been deleted - moreover, new "garbage" pages appear in Google Webmaster. The site has no more than 100 "real" pages in the index. Everything else is non-existent links to garbage pages.

The main question we have now is how to remove this spam information from the Google index?

Attached Files:

Shibain, Nov 18, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Make sure your site is throwing a clean 404 for the "missing" pages.

Let Google request them and get a 404. They'll have a process for how many times they need to visit before they de-index the page.

I get Google requesting pages that don't exist and I suspect it's to catch the auto-page-generators. I check them occasionally to ensure there isn't something I've missed that's fouled my sites but apart from that I don't bother to do anything.

sarahk, Nov 18, 2020 IP
  3. Shibain

Shibain Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for the quick response!

404-page - this is something like this - https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&sxsrf=ALeKk01ICZAGzfelh5_oigKYDHC4EHk5ww%3A1605752886833&source=hp&ei=Nti1X4j1MMeU-gTvgJK4AQ&q=site%3Aquartercheapersigns.ca&oq=si&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgAMgQIIxAnMgQIIxAnMgQIIxAnMggIABDJAxCRAjILCC4QsQMQxwEQowIyCAguELEDEIMBMgIILjICCC4yBQgAELEDMggIABCxAxCDAToFCAAQkQJQgwpYvApgxhtoAHAAeACAAW2IAdUBkgEDMC4ymAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpeg&sclient=psy-ab ?

You write "Let Google request them and get a 404" - that is, I need to actively post a sitemap with these pages - for reindexing, and vice versa - not hide them in robots.txt?

Shibain, Nov 18, 2020 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The server headers are right.
    Don't put the bad URLs into your sitemap, leave your robots.txt alone. Just let Googlebot do it's thing and they'll slowly disappear.

sarahk, Nov 18, 2020 IP
  5. Shibain

Shibain Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, if I do nothing, this process can take months and years (as some guys with the same problem write on the Internet).
    Meanwhile, "junk" keywords from fake pages go to the TOP and pessimize the keywords I promote :(
    Therefore, I need to somehow speed up this process ...

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      39.1 KB
      Views:
    Shibain, Nov 18, 2020 IP
  6. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Whatever you do, I would not include non-working URLs in your XML sitemaps. Only have working real content URLs in XML sitemaps to help search engines find and prioritize indexing your most important pages.

websitetools, Jul 4, 2022 IP