1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Create a New Google+ Page and Connect It to Google Search

Discussion in 'Google+' started by alexasmither, Sep 21, 2012.

How To Create a New Google+ Page and Connect It to Google Search?

alexasmither, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  2. The Content Authority

The Content Authority Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi alexasmither,

Good question. I think you are referring to the new business page on Google+. The first thing you need to know is that you will need a Google profile before you can build this page. There are two excellent guides to setting up this page, one comes from sitepronews: http://www.sitepronews.com/2012/07/...siness-page-on-google-plus-a-spn-exclusive-3/ and the other is from The Tech Labs- http://www.thetechlabs.com/tech-news/google-plus-for-business/. The first one states

"How to Create a Business Page On Google Plus — A SPN Exclusive
    By Matthew Meyer in Featured Translate

07 2012 Sunday22
    inShare

"Google+ is now allowing the creating of business pages. Previously Google+ was only open to individuals. Now you can create a business page for your brand on Google+. Since Google basically owns search and all their other properties like YouTube, Blogger.com and Google Places get priority in search it would not be a bad idea to have a Google+ business page in addition to your personal profile.
    However, to start with Google+ you first need to create a personal profile. It is from within the personal profile that the business page is created. Here is an article telling you how to get started with Google+.
    To create a Google+ business page you need to go here. If you are not logged into your Google account you will be prompted to do so.
    The first thing you need to do is to pick a category. You have a choice of 5 main categories.
    See image
    1. Local Business Or Place- This is generally for local brick and mortar businesses like hotels, restaurants, local stores and services that focus on the local market like plumbers and doctors. If your phone number matches an existing Google Places page it will take the information from the Google Places page. If not, you need to fill out the information for your business.
    Note: I have noticed that in some markets Google+ business pages were given priority listing for local search where there were not already a lot of Google Places pages. The Google+ pages were ranking first for local search above the regular natural listings. So local businesses should really pay attention to Google+ and create a business page. Check out these search results for “Doctors Mumbai”. One of the Google Places listings is a Google+ page. The Google+ page generally goes to the about section so make sure you fill this section out completely and include your keywords.
    2. Product Or Brand – Examples of products and brands would be financial services, cars, electronics,
    3. Company Institution or Organization – This is for different types of organizations, including but exclusively non-profits.
    4. Arts Entertainment and Sports
    5. Other – If you do not feel your page fits into any of the above categories you can choose ‘Other’. If you do so, however, you must also choose whether your page’s content is suitable for any Google+ user, users 18 or older, users 21 or older or specifically note that the content will be alcohol-related. "

The second article shares that "Step 3 – Creating a Google+ Business Page You will then be offered to create a Google Plus Page For Business. If you can’t find how to, click this link: Google+ For Business. You will be directed to a page that allows you to create a Google+ Page dedicated to your business, much like a Facebook Fan Page."

Hope this helps,

Shawn

The Content Authority, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  3. Mega Mind

Mega Mind Member

Best Answers:
    Good detail.. Thanks

Mega Mind, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  4. Akshat001

Akshat001 Peon

Best Answers:
    Regular updation of the business pages by sharing some upcoming events and some news can make it even more considerable by google itself and this will improve the business page rank on google page.

Akshat001, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  5. jenyfarlopej

jenyfarlopej Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know about this matter. I can know in details about it from shawn's post.

jenyfarlopej, Sep 28, 2012 IP
  6. samazgor

samazgor Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i apply my page but they rejected. is there any terms and conditions for g+ page ?

samazgor, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  7. eyesight

eyesight Member

Best Answers:
    Its great to learn that google + is now can be used for business purpose as well.

eyesight, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  8. alexasmither

alexasmither Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Very useful information..But i need to know how to create google+page and connect it to google search..Actually i add a business in google place, its automatically created google+page,its not coming on google local.....but i am having separate google + page for business...thats not coming........

alexasmither, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  9. Fix Johnson

Fix Johnson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I already have issue with changes Google plus made to my local sites, duplicate content, but my YouTube account is linked to one site I would like to delete. If I create a Business Page can I transfer over my YouTube account ?

Fix Johnson, Oct 2, 2014 IP
  10. tahmina Rimmi

tahmina Rimmi Member

Best Answers:
    hello
    is it a business page?..
    if not normally u can open like other social media
    Visit plus.google.com/pages/create, and if you see the option to create a Google+ Page, get started! Follow the wizard (it's much like Facebook's Page wizard), and choose the most appropriate option to classify your business. You'll be able to select from the following options: Local Business or Place.

and if its a business page then

1. Choose an Accessible Gmail Account
    2. Create a Page with the Desired Account

Visit plus.google.com/pages/create, and if you see the option to create a Google+ Page, get started! Follow the wizard (it's much like Facebook's Page wizard), and choose the most appropriate option to classify your business. You'll be able to select from the following options:

Local Business or Place
    Product or Brand
    Company, Institution or Organization
    Arts, Entertainment or Sports
    Other
    After selecting your classification, fill in your basic information, including your page name

3. Customize Your Public Profile
    4. Promote Your Page
    5. Get Going!

when u open page and after verified yr page it will automatically connected to the google.
    if its normal G+ page then u have to get 10 circles then u will get yr own named url G+ page

thank u

tahmina Rimmi, Sep 22, 2016 IP