1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to create a Matser Detail Page system with MySQLi(without extension)

Discussion in 'Databases' started by Benjam in Neumann, Jul 27, 2015.

Hello ,

so guys I have a pretty big problem.At first , I will describe what I actually want.So I want to create a page where people can fing recipes for cakes , meals ...There will be some categories like vegan , high protein and so on.Now , let's say the user choose vegan , then the master page should open(the master page) where for examlpe, 10 results are displayed(images and names of the recipes).When the user clicks on the picture or the name , they should see another side(the detail page) with a bigger pic , the ingredients...

But there is a big problem.I am bloody noob and haven't the money for the 100$ extensions.
    And i have found no free web sites that can me explain this.How to do this.Could anyone write the code for me so i can replace the variables or may send me a tutorial how to do this , but really this what i need?

Benjam in Neumann, Jul 27, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    What extension, exactly? Mysqli_ is a database interface in PHP (and maybe some other languages) - I don't understand what you need to buy?
    You'll need a domain, and you'll need to program some basic pages for this to work - the concept is pretty basic.
    A select-list with different options, select one, show results (on a new page, or just loaded on the same page), and if clicking on one, open up a new page (or, again, load it into the current page), and show the actual recipe and pictures.
    Apart from the mysqli_ restraint, you could do this in Wordpress - create categories for each recipe-type, add recipes to each category, have a search box and let the user chose one or more categories... I really don't see what the problem is?

PoPSiCLe, Jul 27, 2015 IP
  3. Benjam in Neumann

Benjam in Neumann Peon

Best Answers:
    I am using Dreamweaver CC and the extenson is called Database connector.Ok you explained me how to do this but I still have no idea what the code looks like , please can you be a bit more percise?You could help a lot , please.

Benjam in Neumann, Jul 28, 2015 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The first problem being that you're using Dreamweaver... *headdesk* It's a bloated piece of crap that doesn't help you in any way in creating a decent codebase.
    However, if you've already made the database, and have the page itself designed, changing code from mysql_ to whatever you want to do is not really that hard. I don't really understand why Dreamweaver / Adobe needs to charge for another "interface" but I assume it has to do with some stupid built-in "creator" bits that you have to pay for. Basically, mysqli_ is mostly the same as mysql_ except you have better security and future-proofing, but you'll have to think a little different.
    I'm sorry, but I won't be giving you any code examples, simply because I have no idea what you need, or what level you're at - since you're using Dreamweaver, I'm assuming you don't really know much code. Could you perhaps at least paste some of the current code you have for selecting recipes within a certain category, for instance? Also post the code that selects the category (the HTML / form). Remeber to paste it within [ code ]-tags (remove the spaces)

PoPSiCLe, Jul 29, 2015 IP