1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to correctly backling to youtube videos?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Kostas V., May 27, 2016.

What is the correct way to backlink to youtube videos to increase ranking?? URL is fine or it needs to be embeded?

Thank You!

Kostas V., May 27, 2016 IP
  2. Samo

Samo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I assume you are talking about increasing the rank of your video inside of YouTube. So my answer below related to this particular scenario ...

Backlinking to your YouTube video is not a major factor on YT as it is for a normal website in search engine results.

The most important factor is "total viewing time" ... especially in the days after the initial release. So that could be 10,000 people watching the first 2 minutes or 1,000 people watching all 20 minutes.

There are few things you can do to achieve good results:
    - Quality Quality Quality content that people will want to watch
    - Release around Tue/Wed (I don't know for sure but I think that is when the measurements of a weeks worth of viewing begin)
    - Before release, use all ethical means possible to get your friends, followers, contacts and mailing list ready to go and watch upon your release
    - Upon release mail your list & inform your social media contacts of the valuable info they will gain
    - In all cases encourage viewers giving you feedback.
    - Respond to all feedback ASAP ... be nice and thankful even to those who leave a nasty comment ... remember the objective is to engage and get the viewers to subscribe to your channel and keep coming back
    - Release videos regularly to train your videos to expect a new release every week or every 3 days or whatever. This generate a habit of regularly viewing your output and boosting your popularity ... remember you must have QUALITY content
    - Be steady ... better to release once every two weeks for a year than to release 50 videos in a month and then get burnt out and do no more.
    - Remember - this as all marketing is a "process", NOT a one time or short term event. If you cannot commit to working steadily and intensively in this space, then at least do some videos, learn what works best and implement the feedback and comments. Then document the process and get a virtual assistant to do this for you regularly.
    - Finally do a search on YouTube for "rank my video" and similar phrases ;-)

I hope this helps/ Good luck

Samo, Aug 9, 2016 IP
  3. Kostas V.

Kostas V. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks Samo. Am trying to rank video to first place on youtube for a specific keyword, it is 2nd at the moment, my video has more views (like 10-15 times) has 1:05 min average wach time (2 min video) vs. 1 min video, have 50 subscribers vs. 2, and more videos in channel. Being second means not showing up on serp first page for that keyword... I can't solve this puzzle.

Kostas V., Aug 9, 2016 IP
  4. Samo

Samo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your stats look good but there are important details that I don't have so I cannot give you a clear path.

You may want to try buying some traffic from YouTube itself. Give it a test for a short time/some specific traffic boost ... if it works or not stop buying. Now, if it did work, then see if your video sticks or goes back to 2nd place. It just may stick.

One other thing that always helps in promoting a particular publication is the "network effect" ...
    - Publish a few new videos and refer to your target video in the content "for more on this subject" (and phrases like that)
    - Place links ("more on this subject ...") on the new videos to your target
    - Link from the description of the new videos to your target
    - Place the links right at the start of the descriptions so they are immediately visible (also tells search engines: that piece of info is more important than the later entries in the description ;-)
    - If possible add a "bonus download" link to the description of the target video ... could be a PDF report [must have quality valuable highly relevant content]
    - Offer more info on this subject by signposting the visitors of the new video to the target video. Be sure to signpost in the video near the start so more people know about the bonus report and also refer to the bonus in your description perhaps just after the link o the target video and on the same line (so it cannot be missed)
    NOTE: you're sending people to the target video for a bonus ... naturally the desire for the video may be less and therefore it may impact your average viewing time and reduce it! To protect against this, when you signpost visitors in the new videos to the bonus and in the description as visitors for a comment or feedback ...

e.g. ask them nicely as a favor to you (in return for the bonus) to comment (at the target) which video is more effectively/exciting/interesting/valuble/informative/etc ... choose the right phrase depending on the content. This will get some people watch the second so they can answer your question or comment.

The request for comment/feedback is just one of several things you can do to get the viewers to stick around and not simply rush to the download link. You could refer to some important content in the target video (to tease the viewer to watch it ;-). You could do both ask for comment specifically with respect to "..." in the target (i.e. the teaser).

Finally, two things regarding bonus ... assuming you go that way:
    1- Make sure you are clear "there is no registration or opt-in required or hoops to jump thru ... the actual direct download link is right there in the description ..."
    2- Place the download link on a page that somehow benefits your efforts ... example, embed the target video on the download page with the download link being below it so the visitor has to scroll down past the video to reach the link ... have some branding or other info before the download link ... the page link gets picked up by search engines from YouTube description and people will share the page link so you will get people visitng the page who have not seen the video. The embed is another opportunity to increase viewing ... be sure to have a really exciting/powerful heading that invites the visitor to watch the embedded video. AND make sure it is not 'auto play' .. or else your own traffic from YT will scroll past the video hit the download link and get counted as a 'bounce" this negatively hitting your video stats!

I hope this helps. Good luck

Samo, Aug 9, 2016 IP
  5. Kostas V.

Kostas V. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Samo thanks a lot!
    I managed to push the competitors video to 2nd place on youtube...after 6 months...
    But, i don't think i have a concrete answer what made a difference....

I did youtube campaign (targeted audience to get better watch time)
    I used fiverr...to get likes and to share the video across social platforms and blogs. I know that was a stupid move. They said its all white hat, but I looked at one of the new subscriber and his history showed that all he does 24/7 is likeing different videos every 2 minutes... It was some sort of software for sure....
    I connected my videos together, did the "network effect" just like you told me.
    I added keywords to the first sentence of video description.
    I asked ppl to comment and answered their questions.

And that was all i did. Next day i cleared cache and all the history, youtubed keywords and my video was sitting in first spot. Checked on other computers, smartphones and tablets to confirm.

Now the biggest question is when these ranking changes will be picked up by google to show the video in SERP? It has been 2 days and I still see competitors video ranking in first page of google for my brandname keyword. Anybody?

Samo, Big thanks again!

Kostas V., Aug 12, 2016 IP
    Samo likes this.
  6. Samo

Samo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are most welcome Kostas. I am happy that you took action and just as happy to see you got results.

How to achieve the ultimate goal of getting into SERPS ...

Never waste your time or money on buying visits/clicks/like/shares/tweets/etc from Fiverr or anywhere else. If those people could get real results, they would get it for their own affiliates links/websites/etc. They most lie and use robots. Most have fans/followers created by robots.

Two things:
    1- Knowing what works: if you make one change at a time, then you will (usually) know what it was that did the trick. Yes the results come slower BUT you will be sitting on a big secret that you can always use again and again.

2- Excluding the Fiverr stuff, when something works, do more of it.
    The network effect works very well in all kinds of situtaions not just in marketing or line business but in life.
    • Document the tasks (for yourself)
    • Break the tasks up into groups (new videos, posting with links to each other, creating bonuses, etc)
    • Instruct a specific and experienced virtual assistant to carry out each group (so each person doesn't have your entire process but only one part of it)
    • Have them repeat this steadily, every week for 4 weeks
    • Check their work and results continuously
    • Decide if it is worth continuing at the same pace, slower pace or faster pace. You may find it is worth continuing even without getting into the SERPS ... for example you may notice a big increase traffic and sales from your site or offer or affiliate link
    Finally Kostas, do note: even if you don't reach your SERPS goal for this keyword/video immediately, the process may prove highly rewarding for other keywords (related or not) and your other videos may well get into the SERPS. Hey, 3 medium popularity keywords can produce more than one popular keyword and maybe easier to get there too ;-)

Thank you for taking action. With that one thing in your favor (the ability to take immediate action) you WILL succeed big.
    You don't need luck ... so I won't say it
    Go get'em :)

Samo, Aug 12, 2016 IP
  7. Kostas V.

Kostas V. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hm...so beying first in youtube doesn't mean your video will show on serp for same keyword? Its been 3 days and am not first on serp

Kostas V., Aug 13, 2016 IP
  8. Samo

Samo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Kostas - the YT/SERP algorithms are not identical as your results show in practice. It is possible that the SERPs update comes later. It is possible that the SERPs have a longer "moving average" and therefore the increases in ranking elsewhere take longer to show up in Google's SERPS.

Always focus on building a business (winning the war) rather than building a keyword success (winning one battle).

... and have fun doing it all :)

Samo, Aug 16, 2016 IP