1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to convience clients for Social Media services

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Daneil Will, Aug 6, 2016.

Hello,

I am working in a market where the business owners have little to no technical know-how. The clients are usually the restaurant owners. We do try to convince them for social media services but the most of them respond that my younger kind is handling the social media. He creates posts and all that. When we check their pages its just random page updates no proper SMM marketing done by their kids.
    Can you guys recommend some USPs for such scenario? I have list few but need more ideas.

Daneil Will, Aug 6, 2016 IP
  2. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Actions speak louder than words.

Here's what I would do...

Let's say your target client is a restaurant owner in St. Louis, MO (my hometown). I can't just walk into a restaurant and expect the owner to fork over cash in exchange for something he doesn't know he needs.

So, I would need to PROVE to him that he needs my service, so essentially it will sell itself. I would create a Facebook page called 'St. Louis Restaurant Talk' or something of similar nature. Something broad that targets a wide audience while still being relevant.

I would optimize the Facebook page using a nicely written description, very professional graphics and I will seed it with about 10 posts to get things started. Having a post schedule using Hootsuite is very important.

Here are a few post ideas that come to mind:
    Post an image of a cool themed restaurant in the area.
    Post an image of 2 menu items at a particular restaurant with a caption saying 'Which would you order'?
    Post an interview with a restaurant owner, just a few simple copy & paste questions with the owners answers
    Figure out when every restaurant opened in St. Louis and make a 'Happy Anniversary' post every year.

With each post, I would BE SURE to tag the restaurants I'm talking about. They will most likely share the post on their own page, right in front of your targeted audience. This will result in more page likes and higher reach, resulting in increased post engagement.

Once you have a high-engaging Facebook page with a ton of targeted likes, you can then approach restaurant owners and say, "Hey, I created Facebook.com/SaintLouisRestaurantTalk. I have generated 1,482 high quality likes. Look at my past 5 posts <paste image>. You can see the high engagement for yourself. If you'd like me to create a page for your website with similar results - I'd love the opportunity to discuss this further."

Just remember, talk is cheap. You need to be able to prove your services. Once you nab a few clients, the rest are easy once the word of mouth gets going.

Hope this helps...

Matthew Sayle, Aug 7, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.