1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to convert PSD to CSS and XHTML for Wordpress

Discussion in 'CSS' started by Oranges, Oct 28, 2008.

1. mypsdtohtml

mypsdtohtml Guest

Best Answers:
    you can find couple of books from sitepoint about PSD to Wordpress or Wordpress in xhtml/css

mypsdtohtml, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  2. witsols

witsols Peon

Best Answers:
    Options in PSD to HTML Operations

In general there are three options when coding a layout from Photoshop: outsourcing the work, slicing it in Adobe ImageReady, and then simply coding from sight.

Outsourcing a PSD to HTML job can be expensive, but it gets the job done. Most companies promise a turnaround time of a couple of days, which is about what it would take the average computer user to do so. Companies that perform PSD to HTML jobs also offer browser compatibility, resolution compatibility, and XHTML valid layouts: something the average web designer doesn't always know how to do.

Slicing the layout in ImageReady is another option for web designers. This is generally seen as the easiest way to go about coding a layout by one's self. ImageReady allows designers to output sliced portions of PSD files into tables or CSS elements depending on the settings. The code and CSS is then output for the web designer to tweak and optimize. Do not expect ImageReady to create a perfectly sliced and optimized layout there is almost always extended work even after the resulting slice.

Next, we have the option of simply coding by sight. This involves looking at the PSD file in Photoshop as a source, and then coding the CSS and HTML from scratch. This method gives more options and flexibility in coding, and also allows for much more optimization. This method almost always takes longer than the other two methods, and is generally only preferred by professionals who know what they are doing.

regard,

Zuabir

witsols, Nov 4, 2008 IP
  3. tsquez

tsquez Peon

Best Answers:
    There is nothing quite like being able to it all. Designing something and then being able to port that design over to something like WordPress is an awesome feeling, so I commend you for wanting to learn and for wanting to do it yourself.

tsquez, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  4. alique

alique Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to browse wpshout.com. This is not my site/blog. I just want to share since it provide good tutorial on how to code your Wordpress site. I think its better than the tutorial on nettuts.

alique, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Could someone translate OP's message into ENGLISH for me...

Even translated, "I'm a pro asking a nube question" should have sent up warning flares.

Quite frankly, if you don't know HTML/CSS, you probably haven't read the WCAG, don't know what's practical from a bandwidth and acessibility standpoint, and as such have no business dicking around drawing pretty pictures and calling it a template.

But then I consider drawing cutesy pictures in your paint program as what should be the LAST part of the process, not the first. Markup the content (or dummy content) with semantic markup FIRST, bend that markup to your will creating the layout with CSS, THEN start up the goof assed paint program to hang images on the layout.

Anything else is usually a useless bloated train wreck where the coder wants to punch the cutesy artist who knows jack shit about the internet in the face.

deathshadow, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  6. markup

markup Peon

Best Answers:
    I have done more than 100 wp sites , I normally convert PSD files to HTML , after that i edit the php files in the default theme , It is not big task , If you can do one site properly , that is all

markup, Apr 13, 2010 IP
  7. psdtowordpress

psdtowordpress Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Is possible to send your design and get converted to WordPress, PSD TO WORDPRESS code your design to a Wordpress Theme.

Cross-browser compatible valid WordPress Theme and they offer a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) for all customers.

Also there is a nice blog with LOTS OF TUTORIALS!

Hope it's useful :)

psdtowordpress, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  8. psdtowordpress

psdtowordpress Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    You can send your Design and get converted to Wordpress.

PSD TO WORDPRESS code your design to a WordPress Theme.

Cross-browser compatible valid WordPress Theme and
    they offer a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) for all customers.

Hope it's useful :)

The link @ my Signature

psdtowordpress, Jul 13, 2010 IP
  9. freemh

freemh Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi
    Some good tutorial to learn how to convert a psd to wordpress template :

http://depotwebdesigner.com/tutorials/8-great-tutorials-on-how-to-build-a-custom-wordpress-theme.html

freemh, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  10. fl0w

fl0w Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend CSS-Tricks.com check out the video screen casts very good tutorials

fl0w, Jul 18, 2010 IP