1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to convert myspace friends into website traffic

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by darkpedro, Oct 30, 2006.

I recently built a myspace graphics website that has unique rollover graphics I made from flash. I created a few myspace profiles and started adding friends. I'm up to about 250 friends on 3 accounts. On 2 of the accounts, I'm using my graphics to respond to each of the friends in the comment section. I've used the main account to post a couple of bulletins a day for the last few days to promote the site.

The problem is that I'm not getting much traffic to the site itself. The content is better than most of the crappy graphics out there. The site's layout is clean and easy to navigate. But, over 4 days, I've only received 38 visits and 112 page views with about 150 comments sent.

I don't want to spam my site too much and lose the myspace profiles, but I need to bump that traffic. Any suggestions? Is it just a matter of spamming to the edge of getting booted?

darkpedro, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  2. stkeys

stkeys Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, it's a numbers game. 3 accounts with only a few hundred friends on each won't cut it.

You need to have a few thousand friends ( preferably targeted to the niche of the site your trying to drive the traffic to ) on each of your main accounts.

This takes time to achieve. using whore trains will get you more friends quicker but they won't be targeted.

I better way is to set up some bogus accounts with fake emails that you can chain together and send out 1000's of friends requests using a program such as Badder Adder. Using this method you do not risk getting your main accounts banned but can get tons of friends added to them every day.

Setting up a hundred or more bogus accounts will take you quite a bit of time but it really is a great way to build up your main accounts safely.

If you have never heard of the chaining method check out this link http://www.britntex.com/badad.html. and watch the Video called " the secret"

If you don't have the time to create the accounts yourself I can help.
    Take a look at my sig and PM me for full details.

St.

stkeys, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  3. darkpedro

darkpedro Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply stkeys. I'll be adding more friends every day, being careful of the limits. I've seen the chain method on the badderadder website, but I went with robot adder for the price. Maybe once I'm making a couple of $$ off of the site, I'll make the switch over to BA.

4. darkpedro

darkpedro Peon

Best Answers:
    Doh, I had my wife send a mass message with a special graphic for my myspace firends. She sent it just as I told her to, but her yahoo mail account put damn yahoo code into the html. So I sent my myspace friends to yahoo mail... I can't seem to win yet.

5. stkeys

stkeys Peon

Best Answers:
    I forgot to mention there is also another great adder program ( much better than Adder Robot ) and a bit cheaper than BA.

It's called "Space Station" you can manage all your accounts from the one program unlike AR which makes you input your email and password in everytime for each account :mad: it also has a great feature where you can have the name of the person you are sending the request or message to input into the message i.e. %NAME% will be replaced with the profiles name is that cool or what:D ?

That has to help getting your messages read and your friends requests accepted.

I have Badder Adder and Robot Adder I've also been trying out a Demo of Space Station and it honestly seems much faster than both the other programs,

Only problem is it doesn't work with IE V7 at the moment which could be a problem for some people....

stkeys, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  6. playkid

playkid Peon

Best Answers:
    buy a robot with chaining feature, register 100's myspace accounts, design your profile with links to your site then start adding friends!

playkid, Oct 30, 2006 IP
    SubmitShop likes this.
  7. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    In other words: be a spammer :rolleyes:

Wow, great tip

fryman, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  8. darkpedro

darkpedro Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I've tried a couple of things and thought I'd post my results.

First, I built a profile with the domain name in the profile name without the .com. I started manually adding and collecting friends. With this account I repied back to most everyone with a Happy Halloween, thanks for the add! message along with one of my graphics. This seemed to work fairly well, getting a couple of unique hits and some page views.

Second, I built 2 profiles with hot girls in the pictures. I sent a thanks for the add message and graphic. Racked up quite a few friends in no time flat, but with similar success as the domain profile.

Last night, I made 2 more profiles with the domain name in the name field with the .com. Started adding friends. Not nearly as many friends as the other 3 profiles, but they seemed to garner a lot more views. With these profiles, I sent out a thanks for the add + graphic.

With the 3 domain accounts, I sent a message with a link to a special graphic I built only for myspace friends. This drove a decent amount of traffic. Overall, yesterday was my biggest day at 31 unique visitors where my highest previously was 8. This is after about 3 days of trying to get the word out. I'm hoping it'll snowball as people see the graphics.

Thanks for your help.

darkpedro, Oct 31, 2006 IP
  9. msmartin

msmartin Peon

Best Answers:
    I recently bought Badder Adder but it keeps freezing up, and by the end of the day, it wouldn't even open.

Being that you're trying out Space Station, how does it compare to Badder Adder besides the speed? Does it have the same features? Does it lack some that Badder Adder has? I like that personal %name% feature, that IS cool.

msmartin, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  10. bunnybling

bunnybling Peon

Best Answers:
    Buy an add friend link on a site that already receives a lot of traffic from MySpace.

You will know that most of those visitors are actual MySpace users, not spammers. They request you to be their friend so you don't have the limitations associated with bot adders(spam account creators)

Be patient. You may not be adding as many friends as the bot adders, but they will be quality friends.

bunnybling, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  11. stkeys

stkeys Peon

Best Answers:
    MsMartin, I've had similar problems with BA, just make sure you have the latest version downloaded.

SpaceStation has all the features of BA and then some... it also has a one hour Demo so you can check it out.
    Here is the URL http://www.bottower.com

If you download the Demo make sure your ready to use it as the hour demo starts as soon as you run the program and continues even if you close it down.

But that should be plenty of time to make sure it works on your system. if you have any problems contact support they are far quicker than BA when it comes to support issues :)

St.

stkeys, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  12. msmartin

msmartin Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the heads up! Are you still using both friend adders? How do you know what the limits for messages and comments are? I've received an email saying that I've been flagged.

I didn't realize marketing with myspace would be so time consuming. I'm spending so much time trying to build 2 decent looking profiles that I haven't even created any dummy accounts.

How much (info/text/pics) do you put into your dummy accounts?

msmartin, Nov 9, 2006 IP
  13. stkeys

stkeys Peon

Best Answers:
    I've sent you a PM :)

St.

stkeys, Nov 9, 2006 IP