1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to connect forum and website

Discussion in 'Databases' started by ruseneca90, Feb 6, 2014.

Hi!

I am wondering how to connect website and forum platform ( IPB or VBulletin ) together so that they can use 1 database or just connect 2 different databases.
    I would like to achieve the following effect:
    http://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/homepage

The game is connected with the forum which uses VBulletin. When I click on the "forum" link, I notice that I am already logged in with the username and password of the main website.

I will welcome any ideas and proposals on how to achieve this effect with my platform.
    Thanks in advance!
    Regards!

Solved! View solution.
    ruseneca90, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The cleanest way to go about this is to use wordpress with bbpress as the forum and not have to bridge logins.

Bridging login routines is pretty problematic stuff since anything you will be using gets updated all of the time.

With that said,

You can use this with SMF that is already integrated http://www.tinyportal.net/

hope that helps, There are quite a few ways to tackle this issue.
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Feb 7, 2014 IP
    The simplest solution, since the website and forum are under the same domain, is to use forum's database to register users and use sessions to validate if they are loggedin under the website.

You can also create a register and login form (using forum's database) under your website so your user can login or register from both the forum and the website.

nimonogi, Feb 9, 2014 IP