1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to conect pc with xp and laptop with vista

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by sema999, Dec 5, 2008.

hi can somewone help me i cant conect my laptop (vista) and pc (xp) with cable :confused: if can somewone can help me plzz write or write me a e-mail to me here is my e-mail haris_cair@hotmail.com

sema999, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  2. DPwebtec123

DPwebtec123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you are using broadband and you have a router, you can connect more than 1 computer to your broadband connection, just get a piece of Ethernet cable, connect it you your router (along site the connection to you existing computer) and find the ethernet port on your laptop (if you have one)

now you will have your laptop joined to your local windows workgroup network (also internet access), if you search your network neighbourhood for the computer name of either your pc or laptop you should see both in your network.

this should work irrespective of whether you have windows xp, 2000, vista, xp pro, windows 98, ect...

DPwebtec123, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  3. Yesideez

Yesideez Peon

Best Answers:
    Not as straight-forward as that - a connection would have to be opened up in some way (I forget how) as I have the same setup here now - we've got about 4 computers on a network via a router and I can't see any of them from my machine but I can see them connected in the router control panel.

You can set up a shared network via "My Network Places" in XP with the "Network Setup Wizard" but this won't be the same on other versions of Windows.

I seem to remember bridging the connection last time I did it...

Yesideez, Dec 16, 2008 IP