1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Compete with Big Brands

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by SEOnotes, Feb 11, 2010.

I know this has been asked several times already, but I just want to know your recommendations when competing against the big brands.

How do you compete with them in the SERPs if they win in your most important key phrases?

Is there a keywords/seo strategy option for such cases?

How does "personalized search" factor in?

Thank you for your help.

SEOnotes, Feb 11, 2010 IP
  2. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is going to be very difficult competing with the big brands because their sites are established and have been around on the internet for a longer time than your site. Google takes a look at the age of the site at the time of assiging ranking to it. You can do personalized search optimization by asking your friends to search for your keywords and click on your link appearing in the SERP's but what will happen is that only your friends' SERP results will be changed in rank accordingly. That is as far as the definition of personalized search goes.

Traffic-Bug, Feb 11, 2010 IP
  3. SEOnotes

SEOnotes Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure it's going to be difficult, that is why I am searching for recommendations?

SEOnotes, Feb 11, 2010 IP
  4. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's easy (well it is when you have spent 7 years studying SEO) you just need to do good SEO. For example I did SEO for a Window Films Company and got them page 1 for 3M Window Films and 3M Window Film but then they bottled out as we're worried about ticking off 3M (a huge Company) so I had to remove their page/link/result.

Couldn't undrestand what they we're worried about myself, I did nothing wrong and merelt used good white hat SEO and didn't see why they would be worried as at the nd of the day we we're for all intents and purposes advertising 3m products

As for presonalised search - It's hilarious as only those logged in will gbet the skewiff results as far as I am aware - so it's a cae of "Goog luck voting your sites up folks"

Revelations-Decoder, Feb 11, 2010 IP
  5. ealyin123

ealyin123 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not easy to defeat the big brands because they have built their reputation for a quite period of time. If you want to compete with them, you have to start at the least keyword.

ealyin123, Feb 12, 2010 IP