1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to choose CPM ad network (and implement in wordpress)?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by Lonahora, Jun 24, 2015.

How are you everyone?

New here and hope to get the best of your guidance.

I'm trying to find a proper CPM ad network for my low traffic blog\website. However, I have no experience in selecting a reliable network and not even sure how to determine if my blog meet the conditions of those proper networks that are out there.

I did find some networks via google and this forum, but you know how it is when you have no personal experience and trying to follow others recommendations… I ended up with nine or ten ad networks that I was not clearly sure which one will benefit me the most and is also the most reliable.

So onto my first question: For a (growing!) low traffic website, which CPM ad network can you recommend for me? Whichever you will recommend I’ll pick since I’m tired of searching for something I know nothing about.

My second question is related to my first experience with a CPM ad network. Without knowing too much I signed to edomz and created my first banner code. To show it on my website I created a text widget in my wordpress panel and paste the banner code in it. The problem is that the ad doesn’t show… For those of you who work with wordpress, have I done it the right way?

I opened a ticket a few days ago in edomz support but they have yet to get back to me.

Sorry for my poor English, hope that you’ll be able to help me.

Lonahora

Lonahora, Jun 24, 2015 IP
  2. Dayvi

Dayvi Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Lonahora,

You might want to apply to many networks, as some might reject you.

You should go for networks with higher quality ads, as you don't want to deter the little traffic you have away with bad ads.

AdSense (if you can)
    Sovrn (high quality)
    MadAdsMedia (some bad ads get in, but 96% good)
    Project Wonderful (very low rates)
    Chitika (their code wont work in passbacks)

Dayvi, Jun 24, 2015 IP
  3. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Starting off, you are going to want to find a good network that can actually build demand on your domain. Most networks will put your account on an exchange based system or partial fill system and just let it do what ever it does. When you are starting off, finding a network which can fill as much of your inventory as possible (if not all) and sticking with them while they build demand is key. AdSense is good in the fact that demand for the most part is turnkey, but that comes a price and high risk of issues with them.

It doesn't make sense to use a bunch of networks on a low traffic site. Just use 1 network 2 max, and keep the ads per page to 3 MAX especially starting off, the number of ads per page is important, you don't want to get blacklisted by buyers who first review your site and see too many ads. Those lists will effect your ability to monetize your inventory in the long run.

When your site is low traffic really your focus should be on building user base, stability, SEO, etc, and not necessarily monetization (monetization should be low priority for the most part).

As for your wordpress question, that sounds like it should work, I do know there are sometimes scripts which interfere with Wordpress because wordpress parses sections of code in weird and sometimes unintended ways.

wrekoniz3, Jun 24, 2015 IP
  4. Popwin

Popwin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Lonahora,

We are a new ad network based on CPM which provides pop-up & pop-under ads .What we could offer your right now ? A stable ad network with friendly support and good rates. For the future , we will implement more stuff that will benefit our loyal clients with a lot more than just money . If you're interested : add us on skype at popwin.net so i can help you monetize your website for the start and speak more about what you want from an ad network in the future .

Regards,
    Popwin Team

Popwin, Jun 24, 2015 IP
  5. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    General heads up, new network and stable network are not commonly used in the same sentence because more often than not, a new network is not a stable network.

Also, let me say that if a pop network is selling you their services knowing that your site is growing then they are NOT the company to work with. Experience dictates new sites should be retention focused, and pops increase bounce rates and generally decrease retention so for a growing site with limited volume it is not a good way to go AT ALL.

6. Popwin

Popwin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not trying to sell any services buddy, i'm just looking for long term parteners whom we could work with :).

Yes,usually not.But we're growing fast and we're implementing more and more stuff that will benefit our clients. We consider us stable because we're giving 100% into this project and we're foncusing on quality - something that every ad network should focus on .Not getting milions of clients , but getting good reliable clients.

We wish you the best,
    Popwin Team

Popwin, Jun 24, 2015 IP
  7. Lonahora

Lonahora Peon

Best Answers:
    WOW! You guys are awesome! Did not thing that you will answer me that fast!

Dayvi

I'm already using AdSense through the wordpress plugin, but it limits me to three cpc ads.

Thank you for explaining the benefits of the other networks that you recommended!

wrekoniz3

Thank you for the pointers! I actually have a growing demandfor the story that I publish online and for which I created my website, however most of the demands are in a different writer site. Little by little, thought, the more chapters I release the more readers are attracted to my site.

Thanks for reassuring me that I’m not doing anything wrong in wordpress.

Popwin

What important for me is a reliable network to work with. As I said, I really don’t know much about ads services, but I opened this thread with open mind.

Since I already opened a support ticket in edomz, it won’t feel right to me if I’ll suddenly move to a different ad network before they’ll get back to me, or the 48 hours waiting period for their respond will pass.

Afterwards, if they still won’t answer, I’ll sign up to your network.

Lonahora, Jun 24, 2015 IP
  8. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    Not to call you out, but...

Thats called Selling. Theres no but to being new and claiming reliability. You consider your self stable because you want the business. You putting 100% into it doesn't mean anything if you haven't proven to anyone that you know what you are doing or that you know how to handle dire situations which include fiduciary responsibilities to clients.

Understanding a webmaster is relatively new to monetizing and is early in building volume, it doesn't say much for your expertise to suggest running pops.

The demand i'm talking about is Advertiser Demand / Interest in buying your available ad inventory (ad space).

Reliability does not reside in new networks, history proves reliability not a sales catchphrase. Also as a new site, again, pops are not a smart idea. As a newer webmaster it would do you wonders to not let yourself get caught up in what every flash in the pan network on DigitalPoint has to say, because they are here today and gone tomorrow and usually its due to their "opinion" and "expertise" that they go out of business (if they aren't scamming their clients - not accusing anyone in particular).