1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to check Sandbox

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by coolslko, Jan 17, 2008.

Hi,

Is sandbox really exist........if yes then how can we check that a site is in google sandbox.

coolslko, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  2. kenneth.robert

kenneth.robert Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,
    Sandbox is a filter affect that Google places on new domains to stop the website from high rankings for the main keywords.If your website does not appear in any SERPS for your target list of keywords, or if your results are highly depressing (ranked somewhere on the 40 th page) even if you have lots of inbound links and almost-perfect on-page optimization, then your website has been Sandboxed.

kenneth.robert, Jan 24, 2008 IP
  3. gilbertimlay

gilbertimlay Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many different opinions about it, including the view that the Sandbox Effect doesn't actually exist or not.
    But i say, yes it really exist,

Webmasters have claimed that their site will only show for keywords that are not competitive. It appears this effect does not affect new pages unless the domain is in the sandbox.

Finding out if your website is ‘Sandboxed' is quite simple. If your website does not appear in any SERPS for your target list of keywords, or if your results are highly depressing (ranked somewhere on the 40 th page) even if you have lots of inbound links and almost-perfect on-page optimization, then your website has been Sandboxed.

gilbertimlay, Jan 29, 2008 IP
  4. Aryans

Aryans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your sites look link stop on one page and crawler is also not coming on your site and your site is not move. Inthat case might be your site is in send box

Aryans, May 23, 2008 IP
  5. praiya

praiya Peon

Best Answers:
    My site got PRank 0
    Is this show that it may be in the sandbox?

praiya, May 31, 2008 IP
  6. pneulameiro

pneulameiro Peon

Best Answers:
    what is the age of your site/

pneulameiro, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  7. crongcrang

crongcrang Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank for all answer.

crongcrang, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  8. Australianfranchises

Australianfranchises Peon

Best Answers:
    If your sites look link stop on one page and crawler is also not coming on your site and your site is not move. In that case might be your site is in send box....:)

Australianfranchises, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  9. howard

howard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is there a completely objective test to see if a site or page is "in the sandbox"? No there isn't. If you think you have a truly objective test, which is able to discriminate "sandboxed" sites from sites that are just poorly optimised, I'd love to hear about it.

As you'll see in the many threads on this subject, most of the suggestions are along the lines of "if you do x and get result y your site MIGHT be in the sandbox". "might" and "maybe" aren't good enough - if it exists, why isn't there a sure-fire test that gives a clear yes/no answer.

And if there is so much uncertainty about such a test, how come there are so many people making firm claims about what happened to their site after it went in/out of the sandbox? If the in/out question is largely guesswork, is it a surprise there's so much misinformation on this subject?

Howard

audio search software | media mining

howard, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  10. Julian Hooks

Julian Hooks Peon

Best Answers:
    So it not a fact that all new sites start in the sandbox? I was hoping that's why my new site has low traffic, and that when i got out I would see a flood of page views.

Julian Hooks, Jun 21, 2008 IP
  11. rvdukc

rvdukc Guest

Best Answers:
    I certainly don't think that all sites begin life in the sandbox, I'm more inclined to think that its a filter which appears if there is "too much too soon"...

rvdukc, Jul 16, 2008 IP
  12. Geeurbie

Geeurbie Peon

Best Answers:
    If you do not understand how Google works you will end up believing that it exists.

If your keyword has over 1.5 million results it will take time for a static page to work its way to the top, but that doesn't mean you are stuck in sand.

Geeurbie, Jul 17, 2008 IP
  13. holidayhoteldirect

holidayhoteldirect Banned

Best Answers:
    in sandbox, your pages are out of index in google

holidayhoteldirect, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  14. kukujang

kukujang Peon

Best Answers:
    I think sandbox very difficult to exits

kukujang, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  15. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There is allot of controversy out there whether the sandbox actually exists or not..I think to an extent it does and yes, it normally does hit new websites. Pagerank has nothing to do with the sandbox and any new website you start (unless it previously had a PR) is going to be a PR0. Pagerank is consisted entirely by the links that point back to your site, this does not have anything to do with the sandbox. I believe site's are put into the sandbox for a couple of reasons:
    A. A new site is started and google crawls it. Traffic starts being sent to that site to give the owner a taste of what Google can do for it and it is then put into the sandbox to see what the webmaster does to gain its ranking back (does the webmaster add new content, does the webmaster start to build quality backlinks to it, does the webmaster notice this traffic and start to perform black hat or spam techniques?) From this information google can determine if this site is worth being read by its visitors and is worth being ranked. It then comes out of the sandbox or is banned/hidden forever.
    B. Google notices a number of changes being done in a short period of time, this could show possible spam attempts to rank high for specific keyphrases (constant title, content, or tag changes). Google puts the site in sandbox as some sort of penalty or to see if this kind of activity continues. If the activity stops after a certain amount of time the site is put back into the rankings and starts receiving traffic again.

I'm not exactly sure on these possibilities and even to this day am not sure if the sandbox actually exists. This is just my theories and what I believe. I have worked on a number of site's that were new where they received traffic right off the back, then lost the traffic, then a month or two later traffic returned and was better than before. So overall, I guess I do somewhat believe in the sandbox theory.

FPForum, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  16. mercy571

mercy571 Peon

Best Answers:
    simply.. u cant

mercy571, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  17. coolguy`

coolguy` Banned

Best Answers:
    If Google sandboxed one of our web page. Then what we can do for removing that??

coolguy`, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  18. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Generally google sandboxes the entire domain and not a single page just to make sure that new and young domains do not get undue share for the SERP for a highly competitive keyword. I hope the sticky on sand box will throw more light on your question about how to get out of sandbox?

dairyman, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  19. qxiu

qxiu Peon

Best Answers:
    my domain is older,but my site is sandboxing

qxiu, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  20. Geeurbie

Geeurbie Peon

Best Answers:
    With most things is SEO I have learned if it is duplicative then it works. This is a scientific approach. We have launched 6 website and none of them every got stuck in a sandbox. So that all the evidence that I need.

Geeurbie, Aug 29, 2008 IP