1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to check logo originality

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by gvambedkar, May 9, 2010.

I designed a logo for my website.
    I need your feedback on the logo.

And can anyone help me "how to check originality of this logo"

AMBEDA.PNG

Thanks in advance.

gvambedkar, May 9, 2010 IP
  2. tomid

tomid Member

Best Answers:
    I like it. Less in more...

What do you mean with "how to check originality of this logo" - if there is any logo which is like yours?

tomid, May 10, 2010 IP
  3. gvambedkar

gvambedkar Peon

Best Answers:
    There may be some one using similar logo with copyright.
    Then we are in trouble.
    How to check this logo not to violate any copyrights.

Thanks

gvambedkar, May 10, 2010 IP
  4. tomid

tomid Member

Best Answers:
    Hm, I don't know where to look for this.

Did you try google? Like copyrighted logos, or sometnihg like that?

tomid, May 10, 2010 IP
  5. SiLvER

SiLvER Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can't check the originality of a logo, but you can know if & since you made it .. :D Wether you used clipart, pre-made shapes and downloadable stuff, you should know, by the license of the artwork, wether other people are using them.

If you didn't use 3rd party artwork but your design looks similar to other, I guess no problem.

SiLvER, May 10, 2010 IP
  6. pratik

pratik Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I liked the logo.

As for checking the originality... I guess there is no such way...
    But you can try contacting the particular govt. department in your country and get is copyrighted... if there would already be something like this.. then they will let you know... i guess thats the way... but I am not sure..

pratik, May 10, 2010 IP
  7. newcity

newcity Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think similar logos will be an issue, if you have the proofs that you made it yourself. But its better not to copy someone else style though. Be creative and no one can say its copyrighted.

Btw, You have a nice logo there. Its quite simple yet stylish logo. :)

newcity, May 10, 2010 IP
  8. Steve Baker

Steve Baker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is a site I use h**p://w*w.tineye.com that checks photos, so I assume it should work for you. I have it as an add on in Firefox so all I have to do is right click on any image and go to "tineye search".

Its that simple

Steve

Steve Baker, May 10, 2010 IP
  9. marc21

marc21 Peon

Best Answers:
    looks nice and clean cut,

marc21, May 10, 2010 IP
  10. SMLMATS

SMLMATS Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah Awesome, but increase font size a little bit.
    And use the logo unless u used someone work in creating yours.
    If not you're good to go.

SMLMATS, May 10, 2010 IP
  11. tomid

tomid Member

Best Answers:
    @Steve Baker

Thank you for that!

Will try it.

tomid, May 11, 2010 IP
  12. snugbrimm

snugbrimm Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, the deal with logo copyrights is that it's virtually impossible to go around and find all the logos in the world or something and search through them and be like, "okay, mine's not on here so I'm good." Instead, what you have to do is just go along with your logo, make sure you save the time and date on which your logo was officially completed; that way you will have some proof in case you run into any kind of weird trouble with another company trying to use your logo.

In other words: If a company addresses you and says, "Hi there, my colleagues and I came across your business today and noticed that the logo you are using is the same logo we have been using for years." (Protocol would be to tell you how long they have been using the logo and they might ask you if you disagree with their proposal) You should then check their website and do some research into the company. If you find information that shows they are a respectable company and have been using that logo for years before you made yours, then just kindly tell them that you are sorry for the inconvenience, that you appreciate them bringing this to your attention, and that you will be changing your logo to something different right away!

On the contrary, if you do research on this company and you find out that they have only just begun and don't even have a website up yet or anything, that is when your time and date of creation proofs come into play. You ask them the time and date of their logo creation and if you have the time and money , you can simply take them to court over it. The other company will most likely fold under the pressure because it is just a simple start-up that can't afford this battle.

So, in my opinion, that's how you find out if your logo is copyrighted or not...

*Your logo looks really nice by the way, Good Job! I like it a lot and think you did a great job on it; however, I can see you running into problems with it because it does seem like a pretty common logo, however, I couldn't tell you what company, i just think i've seen it before, but i could definitely be wrong

snugbrimm, May 11, 2010 IP
  13. DesignChic

DesignChic Peon

Best Answers:
    You are likely fine, I use to worry about copyright issues too, but agreed...if you know you created it, and can prove your methodology you should be good to go. I consider it someone else's burden to challenge me, not my burden to ensure I didn't create a logo that is similar to one already in use.

DesignChic, May 21, 2010 IP
  14. petr_ind

petr_ind Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    yes i use tineye too... it can search image that look almost same..
    if there is some image that same, it means your product is similar with product created by someone else (at least image that nearly same)

petr_ind, May 22, 2010 IP
  15. pixelbatch

pixelbatch Peon

Best Answers:
    If you made every element of the logo yourself and didn't use other people's works for inspiration, odds are in your favor that there is no logo whose copyright you would be breaking.

pixelbatch, May 22, 2010 IP