1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to check if a blog is no follow or do follow? where to base it?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mpak11, Apr 18, 2011.

I already have the nofollowdofollow plugin for firefox already so whenever I search for blogs to comment on, I can immediately know.

My question is, when I comment on a blog, the hyperlink - the one where you place the url of your blog - is usually colored pink...even though the main domain shows as blue or dofollow in google search...

so where do you based whether a blog is a dofollow or nofollow? is it the link that points to your url or is it the main domain name of the blog when you search it in google.

mpak11, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  2. jacob_camber

jacob_camber Peon

Best Answers:
    i'd like to know that too..

jacob_camber, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  3. techlunatic

techlunatic Peon

Best Answers:
    It has got nothing to do with the color of links on a site (period) , the color can be manipulated with CSS . The best and easiest way is to download a plugin/extension for your we browser eg
    1)Chrome SEO (for chrome)
    2)SEO Site Tools

For Firefox
    Install SEO Quake

There are many such free browser plugins for SEO and when you configure the setting to "show nofollow" the browser will automatically make the nofollow links RED so you can easily see which ones are dofollow or nofollow .

If you want a more technical verification , just right click your mouse on the page where you want to check the nofollow status of existing links then click on VIEW SOURCE search for the text for which the link is an anchor eg
    <a href= "your URL"> Your Keyword</a> is dofollow and

<a href="URL" rel="nofollow"> Your Keyword</a> is nofllow

PS : The View source will reveal a very big list of codes so you will have to use the search function to locate your link among the heap of code (CTRL + F )

techlunatic, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  4. niwire

niwire Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Addition: for firefox use NoDoFollow

niwire, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  5. ippr123

ippr123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya......I use to check the blog is no follow or do follow by clicking the right click of the mouse on the link,then it shows that it is no follow or do follow.
    if it is no follow,then it is written as <rel="no follow"> and if it is do follow then, there is no written of no follow.

ippr123, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  6. varshyl

varshyl Peon

Best Answers:
    I have installed a tool in my browser named seoquake, When I need to know dofollow and no follow links I make it active. All links which are cut by a dim line, says that the link has no follow attribute. It is not possible to go to search no follow in source page. Seoquake makes it easy to find.

varshyl, Apr 18, 2011 IP
  7. francescapam

francescapam Peon

Best Answers:
    try to download search status add-ons for firefox user....

francescapam, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  8. DianRibut

DianRibut Peon

Best Answers:
    you can use Nodofollow addons from firefox,just using right click to check dofollow nofollow status. the link wil coloured pink if nofollow and coloured purle if dofollow,good luck :)

DianRibut, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  9. emarketingchina

emarketingchina Peon

Best Answers:
    wordpress blog has a plugin to allow you no follow all links from comments. you won't see it in source code

emarketingchina, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  10. Seaman Staines

Seaman Staines Member

Best Answers:
    Come on guys did you read the OP? He said that he already uses the nodofollow plugin for firefox.

mpak11...If the anchor text link of the blog comment is coloured pink then it's a nofollow blog - still leave a comment though if you want my advice.

Seaman Staines, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  11. Lincherry

Lincherry Peon

Best Answers:
    And what about Chrome? As I know, SeoQuake also exists for Chrome.

Lincherry, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  12. Seriously

Seriously Member

Best Answers:
    for chrome just right click, then select inspect element, then see if it has NO FOLLOW in the link.

More than that, I would like to know how much Google really does or doesnt follow the NO FOLLOW rule. Originally NOFOLLOW was to stop the robots searching and indexing pages on the site that the owners did not want the public to see. But now its all about seo and will a link give my site power. I heard that Google still applies power to a link to a site, it just doesnt index it. Does anyone know if this is true?

Seriously, Apr 26, 2011 IP