1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to change the password for phpMyAdmin?

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by hhheng, Oct 18, 2007.

In my website control panle, I can add/delete a database user, but can't change the password for a user.

And in phpMyAdmin control panel, I can't the function to change password also.

So currently what I do is to delete the current user, and then add the user with a new password. And under this case I have to reinstall the phpld link directory.

So how to change the password for phpMyAdmin?
    hhheng, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  2. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    vagrant, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  3. Lordy

Lordy Peon

Best Answers:
    do you mean change the password for phpmyadmin? or change the password from phpmyadmin? i cant seem to understand, what your describing is from, but what your saying is for?
    Lordy, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  4. hhheng

hhheng Banned

Best Answers:
    I want to change the database user's password, it's also used for database connecting and logging to phpMyAdmin.
    hhheng, Oct 18, 2007 IP
  5. moodswing

moodswing Peon

Best Answers:
    delete your users account for that db and recreate it on your webpanel and then reassign the user for that db that you have created. walla! :)
    moodswing, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  6. upl8t

upl8t Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you run queries on your database? IF so you can do it using the built in Mysql commands.

SET PASSWORD FOR 'username'@'%' = PASSWORD('newpass');

You will have to change the username part (to probably pma) and the % part (to probably localhost).

So it becomes:

SET PASSWORD FOR 'pma'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('newpass');

For information on the SET PASSWORD command see: dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/set-password.html

To see exactly what user and domain (the localhost/% part) your account is using do:

SELECT User, Host FROM mysql.user;

That should show you all your mysql user accounts. Look for the one that looks like it's for PHPMyAdmin (probably pma).
    upl8t, Oct 22, 2007 IP