1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to change the backround stripes from green to pink?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by joliett89, Mar 1, 2012.

http://belerosemedia.com/header.jpg

I know it is quite easy to do in Photoshop, but I forgot how to do this. I want to replace green backround in the top image to darker and lighter pink stripes to match the color of the website. Can you tell me how would you do that (step by step, if possible, to avoid confusion).

Thank you

# # #

I've been going in the direction of:

1) Select color range (Pick green and just + the other shades of green to it)
    2) Create Clipping mask from the Selection (I actually have all the green backround on white and nothing else on the screen, but I am kind of stuck at this point)

joliett89, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  2. famjh

famjh Peon

Best Answers:
    hmmmm............. great you can use the tool clone or patch or color replacement tool by this your shade also didnt disturb and your demand also fulfill.

thank you

famjh, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  3. joliett89

joliett89 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was able to get closer to how I want it to look by making a new layer and setting the blend mode to Hue, then painting over the green with light pink. The thing is that I would like to have exactly the same color hex codes on the header and on the website (lighter corresponding to the bottom left part of the website, and darker to the stripe above it, and underneath the header).

The best way to do this would be probably invert the darker and lighter colors on the headers sky (as darker takes more space on the left) and just match it with the header background color (so the header would be part of the backround in a way, which would make it look more natural), then use the other color on the remaining stripes.

I'll keep trying different things until I figure something out. Thats what I was able to get with the Hue method: http://belerosemedia.com

Thank you.

joliett89, Mar 1, 2012 IP