1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to cancel private registation for godaddy renewal?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by murph, Mar 18, 2007.

1. taminder

taminder Peon

Best Answers:
    isn't there an option when you're renewing? I could have sworn I saw an option to renew private registration as well when I was renewing.

taminder, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  2. bluehat09

bluehat09 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nobody can force you to buy if you don't want to. They still can trick you but this is not their fault. It's business (more business for them).
    How many time do you hear "Buy 2 and save!"? Why buying two if you need one? You save 50% on the second item. Do you really need the second item?
    If the answer is no, then do not buy it! If the answer is yes, then buy 2 and save! It's easy like that.
    So, nothing typical to Godaddy but to a merchand! Thanks for reading!

bluehat09, May 22, 2010 IP
  3. kmap

kmap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you need to cancel private domain before u renew through "domains by proxy"

you can get the username and password for that from godaddy or use options forget password

domain by proxy is seperate account in godaddy and everytime you order a domain it create a new domain by proxy account no matter how many domains u order.

so if u have ordered 10 domains at 10 different times you have 10 domains by proxy accounts.

Just cancel it from inside the domain by proxy account and then it wont put the amount for private domain

Hope it helps

Cheers

Regards

Alex

kmap, May 22, 2010 IP
  4. yugolancer

yugolancer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah yeah ,... once you cancel the private registration from within https://www.domainsbyproxy.com/Default.aspx you can renew your domain without paying for private registration.
    But i admit that you should be able to do that during renew process checkout. Indeed!

yugolancer, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  5. rmgweb

rmgweb Member

Best Answers:
    rmgweb, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  6. vaviloff

vaviloff Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread has just saved me a ton of nerves, specifically post #15 from webgeek154 on the first page. It still works.

In order to recall your dbp account number just add a new domain to cart, then click the "private registration" radio button and a new selectbox will apear. It will contain your previous account(s) with DomainByProxy and an option to create new account. The password from main Godaddy account will do (I haven't changed it after the registration, thanks god).

So, thanks once again!
    A note to myself: don't ever again take free stuff you don't really need. It isn't free.

vaviloff, Jan 10, 2012 IP
  7. glen03xs

glen03xs Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the help. I was able to remove private registration, saves my hard earn money. :D

glen03xs, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  8. jasom

jasom Member

Best Answers:
    Here's my detailed, step by step tutorial on how to cancel private registration with GoDaddy (DomainsByProxy). I hope this helps someone.
    http://www.jasom.net/how-to-cancel-private-registration-within-godaddy-and-domainsbyproxy (I'm sorry but forum settings blocks me to create convenient link)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    jasom, Jul 16, 2015 IP