1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to calculate Bounce rate?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by Sachinsinghnegi, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Prateek Agarwal

Prateek Agarwal Member

Best Answers:
    Basically, bounce rate is the number of visits in the person leaves the website from the landing page without browsing any further.

Prateek Agarwal, Sep 23, 2016 IP
  2. Cado Magenge

Cado Magenge Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Bounce rate is the percentage of single page visits where one leaves your website from the landing page without browsing your website further.
    There are two terms of bounce rate,
    a) Bounce rate of a web page= total number of bounces on a page (in a given time period) / total number of entrances on your page (in the same time period)
    b) Bounce rate of a website = total number of bounces across all the pages on your website (in a given time period) / total number of entrances across all the pages on your website (in the same time period)
    Hope this will definitely help you.

Cado Magenge, Mar 18, 2017 IP
  3. susanhlee05

susanhlee05 Member

Best Answers:
    What is the way to calculate the page views in google analytic?

susanhlee05, Apr 14, 2017 IP
  4. ross03

ross03 Peon

Best Answers:
    My website's bounce rate is 60% which is good or bad??

ross03, May 26, 2017 IP
  5. Alex D

Alex D Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello ross03!

60% can be either good or bad. It depends on your website. For example, if the site have only one page and all information user can find on this page, bounce rate will be 100%. In the same time traffic can be converted.

You should find information about bounce rate for similar websites (similarweb.com is free site for this) and compare your bounce rate with them.
    Hope this helps.

Alex D, May 26, 2017 IP
  6. ross03

ross03 Peon

Best Answers:
    @alex
    Thank you so much.
    I will use similarweb to find more information about my competitors

ross03, May 30, 2017 IP
  7. sabashahidsf46

sabashahidsf46 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well the time people stayed on your site. The lower the bounce rate the better it is. When people love something reading they stay on your site to read the full article and everything in that post. Just having good views doesnt mean that you will have a good bounce rate.

sabashahidsf46, May 31, 2017 IP
  8. mpsmagoo

mpsmagoo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    bounce rate tell you how much your website open and how much user or audience stay there in the website

mpsmagoo, Jun 10, 2017 IP
  9. john.peter

john.peter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was thinking about writing a new post, and I am glad this post is there to discuss.

I have a big question on bounce rate. Please help me and guide me.

Bounce Rate: Basically a calculation of number of visitors who exits in the same page where they landed. This is my understanding.

Scenario 1:

I have product website page (lets say xyz.com), so I am promoting this page. So if one visitor comes to this page, there will be a button called "Demo" once he click it will take him to the new window / tab with another domain (myproductdemo.com) where i am showcasing the demo of product.

Actually the visitor is still interested and checking my demo. But this will be a bounce for the xyz.com? Because he exists xyz.com as soon as he click the demo button. Please advice.

Scenario 2:

I have a blog. One visitor comes to my blog page and reads the entire blog and leaving a comment too saying that the blog is good. But the thing is he is still in the same page where he landed and once read out the blog and submitting the comment, he close the blog and leaves the website. So, this will be a bounce too? But actually he likes my blog and posted even a comments. Please advice.

Conclusion:

If both scenarios are right as I observer, i thinking a new way of promoting my product demo. Please find the pics blow.
    [​IMG]
    Image link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0kj5v6ju98d8mnj/Idea.png

Please advice.

john.peter, Jun 15, 2017 IP
  10. Gosuperb

Gosuperb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Even though Google Analytics defines Bounce rate as “the percentage of single-page visits (i.e. visits in which the person left your site from the entrance page)”, the practice shows that a bounce in Google Analytics simply is not a single page view visit, but a single engagement hit. There are different types of hits, such as Events, Pageviews, Social, etc. The majority of hit types is used in calculating some kind of engagement on page, consequently influencing time on page calculations, as well as bounce rate, thereby creating a discrepancy in calculating bounce rate.

Gosuperb, Jul 13, 2017 IP
  11. ewan humphries

ewan humphries Peon

Best Answers:
    The bounce rate is the number of e-mails returned as undeliverable expressed as a percentage of total e-mails sent. You can calculate your bounce rate: Divide the total number of e-mails that bounced by the total number of e-mails sent to get the total number of bounces per e-mail.

ewan humphries, Dec 10, 2017 IP
  12. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Suppose a person stays for 2 to 3 minutes on home page, will it also be considered bounce rate?

eric_wahlberg, Dec 10, 2017 IP