1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to build directories with low budget?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by ceweqsakti, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Rob (if that's even your real name:rolleyes:), as a paying customer to The CantUFind Network, I was approached by a member of their staff (NOT Jamie) and asked if we would accept the offer of being the first company to be reviewed on their new blog - purely coincidental that we had paid for our listing only earlier the same day they went live with reviews.

As I've said time and time again - give me a call, or pay a visit and you'll see exactly who I am and what I do.

End of story, sonny.

Spider-Man, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  2. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ...and after paying you never again looked and noticed most subsequent reviews are signed "Jamie".

Coincidences just abound in this place. :rolleyes:

Doesn't explain how you and spiritboy got welded at the cerebellum for your joint efforts in here, but that's probably yet another coincidence. LOL. You slay me.;)
    --
    Apparently carrying potting soil and posies for someone during the week and playing like you're a web expert on your off hours. Or as you described it this year...

robjones, Jul 25, 2008 IP
    Event_King likes this.
  3. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Jamie always wrote on the blog. It was him that organised the design, posted the articles on there, wrote the reviews. Scan his DP profile, he often posted his directory related articles up here.

mikey1090, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  4. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Excuse me for my intolerance, but "Posted By admin" doesn't mention Jamie, does it? Jamie may well have the master control of the CantUFind blog (note: 'may' doesn't guarantee he does, I simply don't know), this doesn't construe he is the only one that posts on the blog. After all, it is a WordPress-powered blog, therefore if you don't know the basic concepts of how WordPress works, maybe you shouldn't bother mentioning it in the first place:rolleyes:

I posted facts - you post about mere coincidences that you have, in your oh-so-great wisdom, interpreted. Good call.

If you're that narrow minded to see the facts, perhaps I'll jump on you and say your entire Dmoz team come here choking each others' chickens (which for the record, I'm told you do:eek:). I've genuinely no idea who SpiritWind is, nor am I affiliated with him in any sense whatsoever.
    [​IMG]
    Stick to the day job (as illogical as that seems, as you ain't sold nout in a while). And I won't try to reason with you, as you're full of it.

That was correct - I did work for Cupar Garden Centre in early 2007 at weekends and nights, while studying for another degree. Surely someone of your great importance could work out large businesses have more than one department - or did that not flash on your radar, where you have a marketing department...and a non-existent sales department. Now, I work for them full time running the online side of things. Last time I checked, we actually make sales. Enough said.

5. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL... funny, Spiritwind said the same thing. :rolleyes:
    --

Hope you sell a lotta flowers at the garden centre today... fortunately you have the manure available to fertilize 'em. You just added...
    Early 2007? You bolded the 2007... but according to the link posted above you typed the note 01/02/08... and you wrote the note that said you worked at Cupar during the week and on the web at weekends and night, now you're changing your own story. Doesn't matter to me, sounds like honest work, but it's starting to look like prevarication is a habit.

6. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I know he did - as I contacted him once you first attacked/harassed me.

They may do, give 'em a call, +44 1334 655766. Otherwise send me a PM and I'll have a civilised chat with you, if you're capable of it.

I did until February 2008 - have done so for the past year, and have worked full time with them doing day-to-day maintenance and marketing of the site for the past 6 months full time.

7. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your boss might not appreciate me calling during work hours. Good luck spreading the manure, both there and here. :)

8. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:
    Another thread bites the dust :eek:

Event_King, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  9. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    No, I'm pretty sure he'll be of the same opinion:rolleyes:

Thankfully it wasn't me that started the attack on "Rob" - he started harassing me:)

10. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    To buy Spidey's stories, you have to believe (among other things)the part where after I mention Spidey publicly he privately contacted Spiritwind, who...
    • has no contact info on his profile
      had already been banned when I mentioned spidey
      didnt have email or PM activated while here
      he claims he doesn't know
      had made it clear he wouldn't reveal his identity to anyone at DigitalPoint (per his post at Digitalpointless).

If he is telling the truth, HOW could he have contacted him?

Guess it's as believable as his shifting statements contradicting his own words on the link supplied. Interesting what some will do given enough rope.

If the mods want to buy the tale, it's their forum. Oh well, whatever pen name he chooses, the guy has a talent for fiction. :)

pipes likes this.
  11. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:

Guys Guys, enough - it doesn't do any good winding each other up. Relax

@ Rob
    It's just a job man, nothing wrong with it, you want to hear about some of the crap jobs I did to pay the bills. It's petty using it as an excuse to wind up Spider or anyone, and yes Spider had a pop at you - we know. But is it worth getting banned over, that's the question.

All that happens is red reps get thrown about, decent threads get closed and people get banned. Why do people waste their valuable time in trying to gut each other - it's nothing but a silly game of one-upmanship, and I thought you guys were better than that.

@ Spider

Well, whoever started it has to take the blame and be man enough to apologise. Don't worry about it.

Event_King, Jul 25, 2008 IP
    robjones likes this.
  12. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have no problem with him having a job, even said it was honest work... but the link to his job DID serve to catch him lying yet again when he fudged on the date to salve his ego... not realizing there was a date on the page. He also got caught in a whopper about contacting spiritwind for the reasons added above. His 100% proof that jamie wasnt associated with cantufind wasnt exactly 100% either.

I appreciate a peaceful forum, but not at the cost of turning a blind eye while someone makes up "facts". He tends to say whatever is convenient. Telling the truth isn't a lot to ask. Also bone tired on seeing dual sock-puppet identities like him/spiritwind doing synchronized swimming routines in here.

Still, to be a peacemaker... if he apologizes for the lies he's posted I'll apologize for pointing 'em out. Otherwise it is in the mod's hands now.

13. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Not really - I never lied. I simply stated on a page in January 2008 that I worked doing web marketing/maintaining sites at weekends and evenings while studying for a degree. Which was correct at the time of creating that profile. As it's no longer the case, I now have time to work full time and get the site to where it needs to be, while giving it a complete design and platform overhaul - again, not that it's any of your business.

Please clarify where I stated Jamie wasn't related to CantUFind? The guy's employed by them, I know that, thanks very much.

With regards to SpiritWind - it was more than obvious he had come from DigitalPointless, so I e-mailed them using two generic terms, webmaster@ and admin@ - luckily one of the two got picked up. Not exactly beyond the realms of possibility (and thought).

Probably for the best if you stop harassing me now, don't you think? (Rhetorical question).

14. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If pointing out innacuracies, amazingly convenient coincidences, and plain falsehoods is harrassment, I can't both answer the post above AND stop harrassing you.

Just chat with one of your other selves for a while... you aren't worth my time. I've provided the mods the breadcrumbs if they wanna follow the trail.

15. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Okay then, whatever you say:rolleyes:

Mods - feel free to contact me and I'll prove and guarantee that I'm not anything to do with DigitalPointless, nor am I Jamie/Kevin/Superman/Batman/Evil Knieval, or whoever else the idiots around this place seem to make accusations of. You're continually harassing me - and have done so in the past on numerous threads. Makes me wonder why some are up and above the law. Quit your bitter tirade, it ain't getting you anywhere. Maybe if you put have your attention on your business and not on attacking others, you might have a slightly busier and happier life.

Now, for the last time, if you have any further issues with me personally - send ME a Private Message and stop ruining a mediocre thread even more than your actions have already done so.

16. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Kid... you might not have noticed but I was trying to break this thread off as nobody else really seems to want it to continue...let's just SEE how truthful you really are once and for all
    Wanna bet your login on it?
    • You provide evidence that I have continually harrassed you in numerous threads, the mods take away my login.
    • You fail to provide such and they take yours.
    Fair enough? Throw out the applicable links, mods can judge the accuracy. Put up or shut up. :)

17. dog222

dog222 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats Rob - that quieted him up.

dog222, Jul 25, 2008 IP
  18. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ROFL. Things just took a turn for the comic surreal. At 9:30 PM (Texas time) my phone rang and the caller ID said "Unknown Phone Call". I picked it up, said hi, and some guy said...
    My number was on the pic posted in this thread taken from my old dmoz ID, and it's all over the web so I'm not worried about someone (horrors!) disclosing it here. I post it on my website anyway. The funny part is these guys actually wasted a long distance call for the purpose.

If the point was intimidation, let me help... to do it right you need to visit me. I live in Southlake TX on acreage in the woods at the end of E Bob Jones Rd by Grapevine Lake. Look for the place with two paint horses, two sorrels, and a pack of dogs. You cant miss it. It's the one with roughly 100 yard clear line of sight from the door to the gate. Dont be put off by those vicious rumors about Texans being gun nuts or the fact I was in USMC officer training before you were born bother you... there's always a chance I could be a pacifist. ;-)

But hey... I'd love to meet ya. Call if you get lost on the way. I think you have the number.
    ----

Seriously... I want some of whatever you guys were drinking when that call seemed like a good plan. Have a good one, you're cute when you're dumb. :)

swedal likes this.
  19. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not the first time ;)

I had a runin with the Jaboora version who was posting all kind of threats to members in this thread and sent me a nice threatening Rep, I invited him to come over but no one showed. I did however receive numerous attempts to contact me by phone.

I know of at least one other member who has had to endure the phonecalls.

If you read through that thread you might also note who jumps in as the tag team member ;)

SilkySmooth, Jul 26, 2008 IP
  20. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. Thanks for the link Silky. Who tries to promote software like that? Noticed they've wore out their welcome elsewhere the same way... on Directory Owner Forum I saw...
    Funny thing is on digitalpointless blog Jamie rails about "faceless repping" and "anonymous profiles", but it's their own MO. Bunch of guys acting like 12 yr old gang wannabes, and hijacking threads to boost their script or gathering in pairs or more to attack other directories.

Anyway, in the spirit of being open, their little me-too sycophant spidey, [aka Grant Glendinning, turnabout is fair play, junior] probably wasn't the one that called... the voice sounded more like a grownup. BTW spidey... next time you wanna talk down to somebody, dont pick someone that got their first network cert from Compaq the same year you were born you little troll. Your buddies are nothing but common thugs, get new friends.

I have seriously had it with this bunch. If this is their game I wouldn't blame DP for just zapping anyone that types the word phplynx. Nobody needs the kinda behavior these losers bring with 'em.

robjones, Jul 26, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.