1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Build a website with no previous knowledge

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by iphoneglance, Jun 27, 2021.

I have managed to create 2 successful websites from a limited knowledge of what to do. It was a pain at first but then I got into it and loved it. Here's an article I put together to help you in the right steps https://www.iphoneglance.com/2021/06/27/how-to-build-a-website-with-no-previous-knowledge/. let me know what you think.

iphoneglance, Jun 27, 2021 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You left so much out.

A true newbie will need to have themes explained. It takes forever, I've found, to get the importance of images across. Depending on the chosen theme there may be a strong dependance on images and sourcing them can be time consuming and expensive.

Then, since you've recommended wordpress, there are standard plugins that are needed, such as securi, just to protect the site.

An additional task is determining how often the content needs to be updated to remain relevant and scheduling that time into the day/week etc

And finally, you should have started with the business plan. Even a hobby site should have some planning so that the risk and reward are identified up front.

Case Study: One of our users just had a news site reviewed. While I don't know anything about the user here's some of the things to consider

Strengths
    • Time
    • Enthusiasm
    Weaknesses
    • Lack of programming skills
    • No finance for domain purchase and hosting
    • No photography skills
    Opportunities
    • There's always room for a new news organisation but it would cost millions to compete with CNN, Al Jazeera etc
    Threats
    • Google will never rank the site higher than a legitimate news outlet
    • Lots of similar news aggregators that have been around longer
    Potential Income: zero
    Potential Expenses: USD100

Conclusion: this is an inexpensive hobby.

sarahk, Jun 27, 2021 IP
    Saputnik likes this.
  3. iphoneglance

iphoneglance Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the input.

But like I mention, this is a basic start to get a newbie to build a site. I also mentioned that there’s a lot more that needs to be learn but the tips in my article is a beginners guide. There are thousands of themes like I mentioned and each offer different settings. I think everyone knows that it will take time and enthusiasm to build a site, that’s not necessary to mention.

Again, people will know that their site will take a long time to complete with big news sites such as CNN but the article isn’t a Out news sites and about someone just wanting to start a site.

iphoneglance, Jun 27, 2021 IP
  4. usaukclassifieds

usaukclassifieds Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The WordPress foundation may be used to create a website, and there are many tutorials accessible on YouTube. Additionally, free plugins and themes are available on the WordPress website.

usaukclassifieds, Jun 28, 2021 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    it's too basic.

Newbies do think it will be quick and easy. They don't know how to evaluate themes to see which will suit better. They definitely don't know how to do a competitor analysis,

Google has lots of newbie get started articles to present to a user searching - why should it put yours on page 1?

sarahk, Jun 28, 2021 IP
  6. geethalakshmi

geethalakshmi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, there is an option for you. It is Free Website Templates.

There exist some platforms that provide free website templates with which you can come up with your website without any coding or website knowledge. With them, all you need to do is, just choose your template as per your website needs and edit them accordingly.

geethalakshmi, Jul 2, 2021 IP
  7. Manoj_Online

Manoj_Online Active Member

Best Answers:
    In WordPress, there are plenty of options available to create a website you like. Choose a customizable theme like Astra and GeneratePress to design your dream site. They are lightweight and page-builder-friendly. Being easy to use and customizable, such themes will be perfect for your needs.

If you are interested to know more about WordPress page builder plugins, read one of my latest posts here: https://www.bloggingtriggers.com/drag-and-drop-wordpress-page-builders/.

Hope it helps.

Manoj_Online, Jul 3, 2021 IP
  8. Đặng Văn Bình

Đặng Văn Bình Member

Best Answers:
    Came here to say exactly the same thing. For a beginner, WordPress is the most convenient, customizable, though leaky in terms of security, but still.

Đặng Văn Bình, Sep 12, 2021 IP
  9. wedtehran

wedtehran Peon

Best Answers:
    It's very good I have created many sites using WordPress, working with WordPress seems difficult at first, but later working with it becomes very difficult

wedtehran, Sep 14, 2021 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That doesn't seem to be a recommendation. Why do you keep using WordPress?

sarahk, Sep 14, 2021 IP
  11. Đặng Văn Bình

Đặng Văn Bình Member

Best Answers:
    Because there is simply nothing easier to learn and modify. There are website builders on platforms, but they are usually very limited.

Đặng Văn Bình, Sep 14, 2021 IP