1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to blog !

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Belhassen, Oct 31, 2015.

hi,

I have a website which provide software coupons. but I want to make it bigger and better by blogging about softwares and electronic devices, but I don't want to steal somebody else's work, I want to create a unique blog post that is 100% mine.

The problem is that whatever subject I will write about, I need to get the informations and the argument from another blogs or forums, because I don't know that much about the subject and even if knew something about it I must have read it somewhere. So I always think that taking other people's work even if you rewrite it with your own way and with some comment is not right, it will always be the other people work.

I read about how to write a blog or article curation, and they say you need to do research and use these information and give credit to the source.

so my question is : what is the line between making your own blog post from informations you got somewhere else and stealing people's work ? and do you know any good free course or video that shows a detailed example how to search, write and give credit to the source ? ( source for the content and photos )

secondly, I am thinking about making photos on the social media in which I give a simple one phrase tip or trick or information about softwares and electronic devices because this type of photos are shared alot. But if I does that will be 100% taken from the source without adding anything to it ! so How can I give the credit to the source in such a photo ?

regards,

Belhassen, Oct 31, 2015 IP
  2. Kazi Aziz

Kazi Aziz Member

Best Answers:
    At first you need to create an account with google, then you go to blogger address by using your email(allready you created)and click "creat a new blog" , you choose your blog spot address and click submit or ok.

Kazi Aziz, Oct 31, 2015 IP
  3. Belhassen

Belhassen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hi,
    I don't understand what you are trying to say ! did you read my post first !

Belhassen, Oct 31, 2015 IP
  4. Nazmul Hasan Rasel

Nazmul Hasan Rasel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First you should make a google account then go to blogspot and create a new blog. then design it and post on it...Thanks

Nazmul Hasan Rasel, Nov 5, 2015 IP
  5. rsrikanth05

rsrikanth05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not necessary. Blogspot is outdated now. Depending on how people want to blog, it can either be thru Wordpress.com or GhostBlog or even a Slef Hosted one.

rsrikanth05, Nov 6, 2015 IP
  6. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Belhassen : Nobody really reads your post, lol :)

You can start blogging by providing product reviews. Your site provide software coupons, so my question will be: do you use the software? If you do, things will be easier. You can blog about your experience with that software. But, if you do not use the software, you can start with looking at the website of the company that creates the software. They probably have reviews, Q&A section, etc, that you can use on your blog post. Or you can (your own words)

Now, to give a credit to photos that are shared a lot, can you find the original source? Most likely no, but among those many sources you can probably find one that has better reputation such as Wikipedia, or ones with CC-by-SA such as Flickr, etc;

So perhaps now others will really read your post and will improve/correct my reply. Good luck!

th.sigit, Nov 6, 2015 IP
  7. Belhassen

Belhassen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @th.sigit thanks for your reply, you are the first one who read my post :) the others are just trying to increase their presence on the forum but just in quantity NOT quality.
    anyway, I don't use the softwares I just promote the coupons. I thought about using google alert and google news to get the news about electronic devices and software companies, but I always think about copyrights, I mean what information can I take from another blog or website or press release without violating copyright ! Or can I take any information I want as long as I will credit the source with a link back !

I want to add to my blog new section : News, Tutorials, Tips and Tricks
    But my mean problem is : I need to get the informations that I use in my blog from other websites on the internet but I don't want to violate the copyright of these website. So as a blogger how do you get your informations and how do you use them ?

Belhassen, Nov 6, 2015 IP
  8. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In short: write in your own words.

I did try this and managed to create 5 short description (150 words) of a particular product type in a day. It wasn't as easy as I thought because all these items are of the same product type from different brands/manufacturers and they do the same thing, and I did not have even one to make a review out of my own personal experience. What I did was researching the item in general and what people think about it (from various FAQ, product reviews, manufacturers website, etc) and make it my own knowledge. I did have a problem because English isn't my native, so explaining things which aren't my native language is a bit challenging, but I ended up picking a sentence from here, and a phrase from the others, and a mentioned fact from some reviews somewhere; and then adapting the logic and grammars, and finally ended up in a short description that I can proudly say (to myself) my own. It was also challenging because each descriptions were limited to 150 words, but it is irrelevant to discuss here. The point is, write from your own knowledge.

It might be useful also if you search these keywords "how+to+write+product+review".

Re: copyrights, I think it depends if the information that you gain from that website is a common/public knowledge, or if it is a result of the hard work (e.g. research) of the author. If it is a common knowledge, I think you can just use it and write in your own words. Else, you can write a summary of an article, quote some sentences from that article, and put a link to the article URL. This makes your blog post your own, while at the same time preserving the credits where it is due.

th.sigit, Nov 6, 2015 IP