1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to block a dynamic IP adress?

Discussion in 'Security' started by ddharmeshvasani, Jan 11, 2012.

How to block a DYNAMIC IP adress?

first of all, please dont tell me to watch this link http://www.cirtexhosting.com/tutorials/bluelagoon/blue_ip_deny_manager.htm

My question is who can i block a person, who uses a dynamic ip adress. Dynamic ip adress is the ip adress which changes every time when the person gets online (usually dial up connections). so those people get different ip adresses each time they get online. i donno if they still keep the same host name, or dns or something but i need a way to block some of those people from visiting my website from the same location (their home, office etc...)

i know this is possible, because when i had a dynamic connection, i was kicked out from some of the server and i could never connect there from the same location again. they probably blocked my hostname or something i donno but i need something really works for everybody.

Thx

ddharmeshvasani, Jan 11, 2012 IP
  2. SolidShellSecurity

SolidShellSecurity Banned

Best Answers:
    Hostname/Browser foot printing together might work. Honestly, if someone wants to bypass an IP block they will.

SolidShellSecurity, Jan 13, 2012 IP
  3. JamesZach

JamesZach Peon

Best Answers:
    You would need to block the entire ip ranges using netmasks.

JamesZach, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  4. Randy ortan

Randy ortan Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know

Randy ortan, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  5. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    as said by jameszach, an entire ip range could do the job, however, they can always use a proxy and come around again

IG2010, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  6. kingwinbond

kingwinbond Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello ,

Yes you will have to block the entire Range of subnet . But how would you come to know the IP address of the person browsing . The next time he logs in he will have a different IP .

kingwinbond, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  7. StormInternet

StormInternet Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Yes, in this case you will have to block the entire subnet provided you know the subnet / range of ISP.

This IP range can be blocked directly on server or from control panel offered by your hosting provider.
    If you have provided with Cpanel then it would be much more easier for you to block such IP ranges.
    Additionally you can block IP ranges in .htaccess file too

StormInternet, Feb 26, 2012 IP