1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to best test an idea...?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by lowriderzzz, Sep 21, 2015.

Hello!

I have an idea for a service based website. I'm not software engeneer, nor programmer.

I understand copywriting and a bit of SEO.

What is the best way to test the idea, and make the website for it, without spending fortune for website development upfront?

Lets brainstorm...

thanks

lowriderzzz, Sep 21, 2015 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You can acquire web templates for free or at very little cost. Just search for web templates and you will see many sites offering same. Of course, you will then need to arrange for a domain name and a web hosting service to put the template up on. Once you have gotten over those hurdles, you can begin to use your copywriting and SEO skills to test out your concept.

jrbiz, Sep 21, 2015 IP
  3. lowriderzzz

lowriderzzz Member

Best Answers:
    I have hosting and I have domain as well. Where can I get then some social network style templates. I mean where ppl can log in, make profile, leave comments and feedback to other users etc.

lowriderzzz, Sep 21, 2015 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I was speaking about simple, static website templates. There may be cheap or free "social network-type" templates out there, but I am not aware of them as they require significant technology underneath. Sorry.

jrbiz, Sep 21, 2015 IP
  5. geoffrey foggon

geoffrey foggon Member

Best Answers:
    wordpress if you have a domain you can self host a wordpress blog. also use wordpress its self design two sites and see which one does better. A self hosted wordpress blog takes 5 mins to install and is fully customable unlike the free ones on wordpress them selves.

geoffrey foggon, Sep 21, 2015 IP
  6. ndk2303

ndk2303 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do you mean test idea of service?
    Ok, I think you are clear about your idea, you should give it out clearly here. Why? Because I see some people that have to discuss again your idea, while you need us to tell you our idea to test your service which is already in your mind. So please tell us all your idea from the beginning.
    Next, I think your problem now is analyse your service if it adapts the needs of market. Your problem now is not the technology, you need to do the research. I suggest you the Business Canvas, which can help you a lot to analyse your ideas. Someone can tell you they do not know how to do with the result of researching, Business Canvas can help you clear the way. Note: I think comment of jrbiz is very important information.
    Final, now if you see the need, you will focus on the technology hosting, plugin,...

ndk2303, Sep 21, 2015 IP
  7. goscript

goscript Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Have you created a business plan? Have you studied the market and also the competition? What do you bring in addition to others providing the same service?

You mention you don't want to spend a fortune building the website. What about the marketing budget? Assuming you would build the website how do you plan to promote it if you don't want/afford spending too much? Word of mouth is not going to grow your business.

goscript, Sep 21, 2015 IP
  8. hvazquez07

hvazquez07 Member

Best Answers:
    Hey dude!

Kudos on taking action! BEFORE moving any forward, I'd test if there is any market for your service whatsoever. For that, you can develop a quick 1 question survey, where you'd ask the #1 challenge people have when it comes to the need that your product will serve. This will open up a ton of possibilities for added features to your service AND it will allow you to prove your concept before going full on with the development.

For an example of this, you can go to hernanvazquez.com/survey and see what I'm talking about. That's only 1 question and a freebie at the end (to entice people actually filling it out! :D). I have done this in the past and basically you are asking to the market what do they want and how much they'll pay for it afterwards :)

Hope it helps

hvazquez07, Sep 21, 2015 IP
  9. lowriderzzz

lowriderzzz Member

Best Answers:
    Yes this approach might help as well.

thanks man.

lowriderzzz, Sep 22, 2015 IP
  10. DMGWebSolutions

DMGWebSolutions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Setup hosting + domain -> setup WP site with template -> simple SEO -> add squeeze page w/ incentive offer -> run $50 adwords campaign (hostgator provides nice $100 coupon) -> test conversion, measure metrics, do some analysis -> repeat using split a/b testing (unless you see a large amount of people interested in idea/service, then you hit a potential goldmine)

DMGWebSolutions, Sep 23, 2015 IP