1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to become TOP in yahoo search??

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by sarah_nyc, Apr 17, 2009.

1. brianconor

brianconor Peon

Best Answers:
    ya I am also looking for some tricks to be on top in yahoo search

brianconor, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  2. brianconor

brianconor Peon

Best Answers:
    ya I am also looking for some tricks to be on top in yahoo search.

brianconor, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  3. SEO_WatchDog

SEO_WatchDog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo likes when you constantly add new links, particularly on the front pages of other sites

SEO_WatchDog, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  4. AlbertMARKET

AlbertMARKET Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe to rank high in Yahoo's search engines is just look for high page ranking sites and post a link back that is relevant to the keywords you are trying to rank for.

AlbertMARKET, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  5. KL1528

KL1528 Guest

Best Answers:
    1 - You have to learn about SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
    2 - Start advertizing

KL1528, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  6. lindamood1

lindamood1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    make perfect onsite optimization with good content and hyperlink.

lindamood1, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  7. AnAnonymous Surf

AnAnonymous Surf Guest

Best Answers:
    the easy way is..
    pay $299 /year
    in 7 days yahoo will index you in their directory :D

AnAnonymous Surf, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  8. stevejeff

stevejeff Peon

Best Answers:
    Here comes the technique :

The Most Important Yahoo Optimization Factor

The first, and most pertinent point is that Yahoo judges content to be the most important factor in their algorithms. They do still consider inbound links and other factors but they are attuned to the way of the content site and they love sites that provide keyword-optimized content in large mass. While that may make it sound easier than concentrating on generating a huge base of inbound links as you would for Google, Yahoo optimization presents its own challenges and its own unique quirks that you should consider.

Looking At Keyword Density

Because of the relevance that Yahoo places on the content within your site, the keyword once again becomes a vitally important aspect of your research. While Google have been striving to promote sites that use organic content and webmasters and SEOs have been optimizing with around 2% to 3% keyword density Yahoo prefers a much greater density level. The danger, of course, is that giving Yahoo what they want may cause Google to deem your content as being keyword stuffed but there is another difference between the two algorithms that can help to counteract this problem.

Using Stems, Inflexions, And Variants Of Keywords

Yahoo is very heavily language based. This means that it is, strictly speaking, more aware of the nuances of the written language. It will include synonyms and inflexions of a keyword when considering your keyword density; something that Google does not consider to the same extent. This means that it is possible to optimize for both without diminishing your ranking with one another.

How To Optimize For Yahoo Without Getting Penalized By Google

Google likes a density of around 2% and Yahoo likes a density as high as 7% or even 8%. This means that you can effectively use 4 variations of a single keyword or phrase and a density of 2% for each. This offers further advantages. With Google you are now gearing your content towards four different keywords and offering the level they want, and you are still providing Yahoo with the much higher density rate that they require. Because you can include plurals and further stems of keywords this means you can write in a much more natural tone.

Using The Near Forgotten Meta Tags

One area that a lot of SEO professionals and webmasters alike now tend to overlook is the Meta tag. However, Yahoo appears to still give consideration to the keyword and description tags in particular. This is quite rare in the case of most search engines and Google certainly do not look for keywords in your Meta tags. Do not attempt to dupe Yahoo, though, and only include keywords that genuinely appear on your page and are relevant to your topic.

Regular, Fresh Content Is King

You’ve probably heard the saying that “content is king” and this is even truer when considering Yahoo optimization. The more content you provide the better. This may mean making regular additions to your site but it will generate the kind of results you are looking for. Blogs are also a very good way to continue adding relevant content to your site that Yahoo will smile down on.

The Lazy Yahoo Bot

Compared to other search engine spiders the Yahoo bot is a comparatively lazy animal. It doesn’t crawl as often as other bots and it certainly doesn’t crawl as deep into your site to find all of your pages and index them. This means you should pay extra attention to creating a legible sitemap and keeping it updated as regularly as possible. Yahoo has a sitemap submission feature that is similar to Google’s and using this is heavily recommended to try and ensure that Yahoo stays on top of the infrastructure of your site and ranks you accordingly.

Inbound Links And Controlling Them Yourself

Inbound links are still important to Yahoo, but again a lot of emphasis is placed on content. Textual relevance seems to be one of the most important factors so having control over your inbound links and being able to determine the pages where they appear and the anchor text of each is important. Perhaps the best way to generate inbound links for Yahoo optimization is to use the article directories to your benefit.

Yahoo Optimization Conclusion

Google may be the search engine that everyone talks about and optimizes for but ignoring Yahoo would be foolish. This is especially true because while the Yahoo algorithm is quite different to the Google one and other algorithms, it is still quite easy to optimize for both. The most important factors to remember are to use relevant Meta tags for every single page of your site, include as much content and update your site with new content as often as possible, and update a sitemap both on your website and with the Yahoo sitemaps function.

Thank You,

stevejeff, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  9. kaglong

kaglong Member

Best Answers:
    I think if you have high ranking on Google, you have same with Yahoo

kaglong, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  10. iamdownloader

iamdownloader Peon

Best Answers:
    backlinks is the key to top yahoo serps.

iamdownloader, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  11. Claudek

Claudek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Claudek, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  12. pichalee

pichalee Active Member

Best Answers:
    yahoo is really quite hard to understand, i trust the onpage optimisation is the key factor to get good ranking on yahoo

pichalee, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  13. jacobkell

jacobkell Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It seems majority of answers here is wrong,since i rank first for one keyword on google while i am not in top 1000 on yahoo and msn.I think yahoo preffer more backlinks while google more relevant backlinks and that is why i rank good on google.

jacobkell, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  14. Claudek

Best Answers:
    I have sites that are #1 or #2 in Yahoo with only 3-4 backlinks. Site/page optimization does count for a bit.

One of my sites has 2 backlinks and is on page 1 on Yahoo, Google and MSN for a reasonably searched niche. Again, have a look at the link I posted a few posts above and try implementing some of the ideas mentioned. Backlinks are important, but onsite optimization counts for a bit as well.

Claudek, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  15. jacobkell

jacobkell Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Will adding yahoo site explorer help?

jacobkell, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  16. Claudek

Best Answers:
    I do use register all my sites in Yahoo Site Explorer. If possible, I try and have a RSS for the front page or a sitemap page (not easy when coding static pages as opposed to using a CMS)

On a side note, interestingly enough, I have found that i had at least 5 sites SERPs go up (in Google) when I removed them from Google Webmaster Tools. Am not sure if this was just a coincidence (reason I did it was because someone else mentioned getting SERPs back when doing so).

Claudek, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  17. robertstr

robertstr Member

Best Answers:
    To become TOP in Yahoo search engine, I think quality Backlinks are the most important.

robertstr, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  18. eyeglassesadvisor

eyeglassesadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the meaning of quality back links is different between google and yahoo.

eyeglassesadvisor, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  19. Kamiru

Kamiru Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just opened my fansite 6 days ago (A Selena Gomez Fansite ; soselena.com) and yesterday, I look it was on page 7 of yahoo, now on page 3. Key phrase: Selena Gomez fansite. I just did it with content and updating my fansite daily.

Kamiru, Apr 26, 2009 IP
  20. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    yahoo is a 'done case', open, down, close. Submit to yahoo and forget about it, its Google US that is more appearling to the mass markets.

Traffic-Bug, Apr 26, 2009 IP