1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to become a well-known artist?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Liltu, Jul 21, 2015.

I am an artist and my primary way of selling art is via Ebay.

However, I've found that unless you're well-known in the art world, your work will not sell for much. I've seen others' original pieces sell for about $2...it's very depressing.

So my question is simple (and completely serious): What are some ways to become well-known enough for my artwork to sell at higher prices?

Note that I am NOT talking about becoming "famous", just well-known. While it is rare for an artist to become famous within his or her lifetime, there are several artists who are well-known today and alive. Their art doesn't sell for millions, but they fetch a nice few thousand at least (it's better than $2!).

Liltu, Jul 21, 2015 IP
  2. ceenote100

ceenote100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social media. Create a Facebook fan page, Twitter account and gain a following. Since you have art to promote, instagram and Pinterest are the best for this. You have to get your stuff out there.

ceenote100, Jul 21, 2015 IP
  3. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Take advantage of social media, and let people know that such work of art of yours exist.
    The best would be on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Tumblr.
    You know honestly I don't know anything about art but a compelling work of art or image catches my attention, and I believe majority of people does.

Patricia Ann Lee, Jul 21, 2015 IP
    Mehdi.b likes this.
  4. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    Follow the foot steps of mighty Kim K :) but seriously becoming well known is all about your work, hard work and a bit of luck (just a bit).
    As others mentioned do not forget social media and I say use it extensively and very very consistently.
    I also would suggest for you to focus in an area which you have better hands at and be the best that there is in that area.
    Good luck

Mehdi.b, Jul 21, 2015 IP
  5. Jacob.k

Jacob.k Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes... social media (every possible until you find your best ones), and no one mentioned it: Quora!

Jacob.k, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Have you tried Etsy? My wife sells her handiwork on both Ebay and Etsy and Etsy seems to be her site of choice now.

qwikad.com, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It's actually quite simple: create great artwork that people really like and are willing to buy. Good product is Step 1 for any business. The rest will be easy after that. The reason that some artwork is selling for $2 is because, in the eyes of the marketplace, that is all that it is worth. That means that it has failed the conditions of my initial statement.

jrbiz, Jul 23, 2015 IP