1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to become a developer?

Discussion in 'C#' started by ly2, Aug 25, 2008.

ly2, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  2. TonyVeigas

TonyVeigas Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't think a license is involved as a buddy of mine works in microsoft with a college degree. Also they should be paying you if you were a developer of microsoft :)

TonyVeigas, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  3. nikifi

nikifi Peon

Best Answers:
    A whole ton of certification, I'm sure ! Good luck!

nikifi, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  4. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Working at MS is tough. Their pay is base salary + bonus based on performance. I hear from people who work there, its a hell load of work.

webcosmo, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  5. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes but, there are developers. Like .NET programmers that don't work for MS but they still get to access speciual parts of the domain that regular users dont...

ly2, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  6. pown

pown Active Member

Best Answers:
    cool stuff. . i don't think licensed is involved in this. . All the very best!!!

pown, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  7. Social.Network

Social.Network Member

Best Answers:
    MSDN is the developer network, which has resources specifically for developers. The portal is free to use, but if you want access to the MSDN downloads (operating systems, development tools, and servers) you need to purchase an individual subscription or be employed by a Microsoft Partner. I work for a Microsoft Global Partner and I have access to all software, programs, and support. Link to the subscription with prices, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/bb841434.aspx

Social.Network, Aug 28, 2008 IP
    Halobitt likes this.
  8. Autodidact

Autodidact Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is how I became a .NET programmer...

I went to a local community college and got a couple of associate degrees in computer science topics. I took it seriously, won a few awards and got picked for an internship for the IT department of a small town(ie city hall). In other words I got noticed.

After I graduated I got a call from the school asking if I'd be interested in working on a project for them. Of course I said yes but I was over my head. I soon learned due to circumstances out of my control that I would have to write a web application in C# (a flavor of .NET). At that time I had a little experience with VBScript, Java, C++ and ColdFusion but no experience with .NET. But I took the job and then went to the bookstore and shelled out $80 for the thickest C# book I could find. For two weeks I worked like a dog and managed to learn the language and finish the job.

Over the next few years they called me back again and again. It might have something to do with the fact that most of their web applications were written by me and literally no one understands it like me. And now they've finally offered me a permanent part-time position. So I can work for them half the time and work on my own projects the other half of the time, with the dream of eventually being able to be completely self-employed.

If you are serious about becoming a .NET programmer the first step is getting the right tools. Download a copy of Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition(Just google it). Its free, it allows you to start learning the language by actually programming and did I mention its free? There are a lot of online tutorials that you can follow but the bottom line is you will only ever learn by doing. Start small, learn concept by concept and slowly your confidence and competence will grow. Pretty soon find yourself programming for fun and building tools for your own use.

Autodidact, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  9. gramyla

gramyla Peon

Best Answers:
    it is good but what about the developers of .net. I found some good stuff there for vb and c++ it is worth for me.

gramyla, Sep 16, 2008 IP