1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to avoid fruadster link sellers?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mong, Sep 17, 2008.

?

There is need of some collective effort to blacklist cheaters sites?

1. Yes, I agree

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No, It will be fruitless

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't buy many links.

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
    With the success of dp marketplace, it has also earned popularity among fraudsters who scam buyers in different ways like

i) taking payment not putting links
    ii) putting links initially but then remove links after getting payment within few days.
    iii) change location of link placement after getting payment.

iv) selling links on fake pr domains
    v) selling links on zero backlink sites but boast about its pr

(i mean these kind of cheats they play with buyers)

If you are buying dozens of links then it really becomes difficult to find out culprits. I usually check randomly my deals on Monday and sometime find culprits.

So, how do you avoid them?

Or, we should make some effort collectively? (any ideas?)

Mong, Sep 17, 2008 IP
    Nilgesz likes this.
  2. microbrain

microbrain Banned

Best Answers:
    I make a database with the thread URL of the deal , the payment info and the info about page where the link is placed . Then periodically I check the Links manually . If I find some link down I just submit a bad Itrader . I think this is good punishment !

However if you don't want to be scammed then make deal with reputed members and you will be on safe side .

You can also make a software which can show you the number of links down or broken like we have in PHPLD script . It will minimize your work and it will be easy to find culprits periodically !

Regards,
    MB

microbrain, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  3. lkj

lkj Peon

Best Answers:
    If you get scammed, leave a negative itrader so next buyer can read it and cancel the deal before the payment....

lkj, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  4. IC_IC

IC_IC Peon

Best Answers:
    The biggest problem and waste of time seems to be the huge rise in folks using dropped domains to sell links. If someone does not initially disclose this fact to me and I waste my time PM'ing back-and-forth I always leave red rep and rate the thread a 1 - if everyone did this it would discourage this shady practice.

IC_IC, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  5. CaffinePhil

CaffinePhil Banned

Best Answers:
    This is defiantly a good idea and one I would fully support. It would also be handy to rate people on their service/comms. I send about 10 PM's and only receive 5 replies. I know some people may not be interested but a simple message would let me know where I stood.

CaffinePhil, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  6. pkrme

pkrme Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'll fully support DP for any move that can bust these fraudsters. Have seen links go off within a week and same domain links being offered again under a different id.

I feel most of the times the negative itrader is overlooked. Some visible warning solution should be adopted. The suggestions given above look promising.

pkrme, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  7. comcenter

comcenter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When someone doesn't come through in a link deal, or any other, I 'add them to my ignore list' (from the drop down menu in their user name). Next time I open a thread, or post, made by that user, the forum will hide the message and display a message like "message hidden because user is in your ignore list". This prevents me from making the same mistake again, and filters out the garbage.

comcenter, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  8. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    Well, I think any effort you make individually like

i) giving negative itrader

isn't very successful because most likely fraudster will also give you -ve itrader in return.

ii) ignoring that user

Its very easy to create new account and starting scamming all over again.

I think best way is to target the site not fraudster because site is the real asset for scammers not their names because they can be made daily or multiples as well.

And its only possible if a large consensus is developed here.

Don't hesitate to pour your input to make this marketplace scammers free.

Mong, Sep 17, 2008 IP
  9. qbaroo

qbaroo Guest

Best Answers:
    I like the previous poster's idea to just put them on your ignore list and move on.

qbaroo, Sep 27, 2008 IP