1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to aviod buyer asking from combine shipping?

Discussion in 'eBay' started by alvin1972, Mar 7, 2011.

Is there a trick to prevent buyer asking from seller to have combine shipping? Recently, I have one of my customer and he has bought 9 items from me which cost him about USD3.00 in total. The problem is he was asking for combine shipping and at last the entire sale causing me losing money about USD15.00 just for the shipping fees not including the goods that he has bought.

Anyone here has the similar case? Please help if you know how to avoid that. Thanks

alvin1972, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  2. grakus

grakus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you must state in the listing description of your items that you do not accept combine shipping..

grakus, Mar 7, 2011 IP
  3. baronet-a

baronet-a Active Member

Best Answers:
    have u tried editing your listing in shipping details?

baronet-a, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  4. amir_izzuwan

amir_izzuwan Peon

Best Answers:
    mentioned in the shipping details that no combine shipping is allowed.

amir_izzuwan, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  5. houzhongqiu

houzhongqiu Peon

Best Answers:
    design your shipping details

houzhongqiu, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  6. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well one way to stop accepting combine shipping in any of your auctions. Another way, you might actually use it to your advantage to get more sales and let your new and old customers know that they actually save a lot of money if they do combine shipping. Yes you will be going through a loss for sometime but just give it a thought, what if your sales increase then obviously your loss margin is come to zero and eventually you will start making profit ;)
    Ofcourse this is an idea for a long run !!!

China_girl, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  7. Ogut

Ogut Peon

Best Answers:
    give more details about shipping term

Ogut, Apr 20, 2011 IP
  8. 69Firebird

69Firebird Peon

Best Answers:
    If you set your BIN items as "require immediate payment" buyers will have to pay item+shipping immediately and can't combine items into one invoice. You can also try offering free shipping and roll the cost of shipping into the item price.

69Firebird, Apr 21, 2011 IP
  9. abercrombie

abercrombie Peon

Best Answers:
    Ahhh yes... I used to charge $3 for my item and $5 for shipping. That way, I defeat the eBay fee system. BUT, then I get these jerks wanting to buy all my inventory and just combine the shipping. Another problem, my detailed service rating (DSR) took a big hit making me in danger of losing my 20% off fees and falling from Top Rated Seller status.

Solution was just to offer FREE SHIPPING. Gets rid of those guys wanting me to combine shipping. Sure, I get less money but at least my DSR's don't take a hit and I still get my 20% off for being a top rated seller.

abercrombie, Apr 26, 2011 IP
  10. mavericx

mavericx Member

Best Answers:
    Aber - How bad has it cut into your margins by offering free shipping? Where you used to sell the items for $3, and then shipping was $5 ($8 total), you're basically just listing products for $8 now.....has it led to less people buying? Just curious...

mavericx, Apr 27, 2011 IP
  11. sjdataservices

sjdataservices Peon

Best Answers:
    Below are the steps you need to follow to stop combine shipping

Select Edit rules under combined shipping discounts from option "give buyers shipping details"
    Then select Combined payment and untick the option from Edit Combined Payments.

sjdataservices, Jun 19, 2012 IP