1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to automatically install plugin or theme in wordpress

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by noorbaduk, May 8, 2010.

Hi,
    I installed wordpress 2.9.2. Now I want to change my template and install some Plugins. But when I am going to install new theme or plugins it asked connection information such as Hostname, Username and Passward.

Have anyway to omit this page? I also put down my ftp hostname, username & passward but installing processing is failed. A message is shown -
    "Unable to locate WordPress Content directory (wp-content)"

I write a code
    if(is_admin()) {
    add_filter('filesystem_method', create_function('$a', 'return "direct";' ));
    define( 'FS_CHMOD_DIR', 0751 );
    }

and paste it in wp-config.php
    But no change.
    How can I solve this? Have any solution? (I dont want to upload plugins or template by using ftp software.)

noorbaduk, May 8, 2010 IP
  2. Sani Rai

Sani Rai Peon

Best Answers:
    i think you requires lenient permissions settings (such as 760, 766, 775 or 777) and also you control panel you need to full control excess for ftp control user and pass you using for database

Sani Rai, May 9, 2010 IP
  3. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    First thing I would recommend is to undo any changes that you have made to your config.php file .

What you need is pretty simple...you need your FTP log in information for it to work.
    No you cannot bypass that, you have to input the correct information. Once you have it set up correctly, then you will be able to click "Upgrade Automatically" to upgrade your plug ins without having to go through that page again.

I would also check your installation to make sure that you have all of the files installed properly.You should not be getting "Unable to locate WordPress Content directory (wp-content)". Did you double check to insure that wp-content exists ? You cannot upload any themes or plug ins without that folder.

hmansfield, May 9, 2010 IP
  4. XSentry

XSentry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That error of a missing Content directory seems incredibly odd, you should try re-installing and if it happens again, get in touch with your host.

XSentry, May 9, 2010 IP
  5. rilwis

rilwis Peon

Best Answers:
    You can fix it by define FTP information and file chmod in wp-config.php file:

define('FTP_USER', 'username');
    define('FTP_PASS', 'password');
    define('FTP_HOST', 'ftp.example.org:21');

define('FS_CHMOD_DIR', (0755 & ~ umask()));
    define('FS_CHMOD_FILE', (0644 & ~ umask()));

Code (markup):
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php

rilwis, May 10, 2010 IP
  6. Serious Workers

Serious Workers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can fix it by defining FTP information in wp-config.php file as mentioned by rilwis.

Serious Workers, May 10, 2010 IP
  7. noorbaduk

noorbaduk Member

Best Answers:
    thanks to all. I try to fix it.

noorbaduk, May 10, 2010 IP
  8. twiztedX3

twiztedX3 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know which hosting company you are with, but the best way to go about avoiding this kind of message is netfirms hosting. Its automated into their database so you would avoid this issue. Or you can get WP Clone to save all your plugins, themes and structures together and transfer using WP clone to your future sites within a few minutes.

twiztedX3, May 10, 2010 IP