1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to attach AdSense Channels to DFP asynchronous Google Publisher Tags?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by DaStarBuG, Oct 29, 2011.

Hello

With the old DFP Small Business Ad Manager Tags there was the possibility to attach AdSense Channels to DFP Ad Units with:

<script type=’text/javascript’>
    GA_googleAddSlot(“ca-pub-YOUR_PUB-ID”, “Ad-Unit-Name”);
    GA_googleAddAdSenseSlotAttr(“Ad-Unit-Name“, “google_ad_channel“, “Channel-ID“);
    </script>

There is: googletag.pubads().set("adsense_channel_ids", "Channel-ID");

However this attaches one or more channels to all Ad Units on a single page.

What I need is to attach different Channels to different ad units on a single page

Example:

DFP Ad Unit1 -> AdSense Channel 1
    DFP Ad Unit2 -> AdSense Channel 2
    DFP Ad Unit3 -> AdSense Channel 3

I can't find any documentation on how to manage this with the new asynchronous Google Publisher Tags.

Can anyone help me with this?

StarBuG

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
    DaStarBuG, Oct 29, 2011 IP
  2. ajsa52

ajsa52 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

The examples in this page are wrong: http://www.google.com/support/dfp_sb/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1651549
    But in this page you can get the idea: http://www.google.com/support/dfp_s...r=1650154&expand=googletag_details#defineSlot
    Expand the "Method details for adSlot" link and look for "set" function example.
    You need a javascript variable to call the .set function

Example:
    <script type=’text/javascript’>
    var slot1 = googletag.defineSlot("/1234567/leaderboard", [728, 90], "div-1");
    slot1.set("adsense_channel_ids", "1234567890");
    slot1.set("adsense_ad_types", "text_image");

var slot2 = googletag.defineSlot("/1234567/sky", [160, 600], "div-2");
    slot2.set("adsense_channel_ids", "2345678901");
    slot2.set("adsense_ad_types", "text");

var slot3 = googletag.defineSlot("/1234567/middle", [300, 250], "div-3");
    slot3.set("adsense_channel_ids", "3456789012");
    slot3.set("adsense_ad_types", "image");
    </script>

NOTE: I've implemented the Google Publisher Tag two days ago, but I think I'm going to revert the changes to the old "Google Ad Manager" because now Adsense Reports in Google Analytics doesn't show any data, and the reports in Adsense itself are counting too many impressions (nearly double).

ajsa52, Nov 2, 2011 IP
  3. DaStarBuG

DaStarBuG Peon

Best Answers:
    I did it this way:

var slot1 = googletag.defineSlot(‘/1234567/PatFra-LR-1P-First_Aid’, [336, 280], ‘div-gpt-ad-1319984924533-0′).addService(googletag.pubads());slot1.set(“adsense_channel_ids”, “38234470929″);

I switched last week but with AdSense as line item so I don't have the double count problem.
    If you use Placements and activated placement targeting by importing adsense data then double channels will appear in AdSense.
    This is mentioned in the help.

I see the same in Analytics for AdSense. The numbers droped significantly in the Analytics report.
    Did you report this in the help forums?

I will switch next week to build in AdSense option of DFP and see if I encounter the same problem with the double impression count.

Thanks

DaStarBuG, Nov 2, 2011 IP