1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to advertise on CJ without spending thousands

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by smokey99, Jan 5, 2006.

Hi,
    I would love to be able to list a few sporting goods products for a customer who is a manufacturer of sporting goods. But the sign up and set up is too much for them.

Should I approach other advertisers to see if they will include my customers products in their CJ listings?

Is this any kind of violation?

Do you have any other suggestions, on how I can get 10 - 20 products on CJ for a reasonable $?

smokey99, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    CJ is one of the most expensive networks... not really meant for low budgets

fryman, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  3. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it is that simple. If you own an ecommerce store, you can set up an affiliate program. You can't just have products, you actually have to have a company.

Shareasale has done decent for me so far without any marketing, and it only costs ~$500 to start up.

MattEvers, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  4. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    If they're manufacturer, they have the products, and obviously want to sell them in house, all it would take is the creation of a website and they are no different than any of the companies that would sell for them- just eliminating the middle man... Why would he need a "company", its obvious they already make the products so what, besides a website does he need?

PS-- If you're lower budget, check out Linkshare- CJ won't budge on prices.

schlottke, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  5. Dastar

Dastar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very true. In addition to this, you have to do a minimum amount of transactions on CJ each month or they'll charge you a fee in addition to what you already pay. Try looking into smaller adnetworks (maxbounty is one).

Dastar, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  6. iucpxleps

iucpxleps Peon

Best Answers:
    SAS is the way to go for small budgets and they are really supportive for both sides.

iucpxleps, Jan 6, 2006 IP