1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to adjust Joomla site position?

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by abrodski, Jan 5, 2016.

Hello!

I want to adjust (align) the content (body) of my Joomla site as it's shown on the images attached to this question. There're picture 1 and picture 2. I want it to be like on a picture 1. Basically, I want to decrease spacing above the top horizontal main menu.
    http://s019.radikal.ru/i626/1601/0b/6b96b0550c55.jpg
    http://s018.radikal.ru/i525/1601/84/821b7e722cde.png
    SEMrush

abrodski, Jan 5, 2016 IP
    SEMrush
  2. abrodski

abrodski Member

Best Answers:
    What I did is this (someone gave me a hint). The big spacing above my upper horizontal main menu was due to some "gkToolbar", which is probably unnecessary from what I was told.
    I edited template.css of my current template like so:

#gkToolbar {

display: none;
    }
    body {
    margin: 0 !important;

/* color: #6C6459;
    height: 25px;
    margin: 20px 0 0;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 10px 0 0; */
    }

After this adjustment, I had 10px spacing above and below upper horizontal main menu. The lower space I found out myself how to change. It's by changing this code of the same file as above:

#gkMenuWrap {
    margin-bottom: 5px;
    }

Then I had to find a way to play with the upper spacing (above the menu). Someone gave me a hint. I had to edit again the same file as above and to play with margin value here:

#gkMenu {
    background: #ffffff url("../images/menu_lvl1_bg.png") repeat-x scroll 0 bottom;
    border: 1px solid #dcdcdc;
    height: 42px;
    margin: 10px 0 0;
    position: relative;
    z-index: 100;
    }

abrodski, Jan 7, 2016 IP