1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to add website in DMOZ?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by ranjitbhatta, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you really want to know my day job, it's drawing the old age pension, like I have done for many years.

Anonymously, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  2. piluhot

piluhot Peon

Best Answers:
    i have blog and i also want to submit on DMOZ

piluhot, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  3. YoSamz

YoSamz Peon

Best Answers:
    What I don't like about DMOZ is two things.
    1) If you resubmit more than once you probably screwed your chances (which were slim anyway). Which isnt totally fair, what if you work for a company and theres a staff change, you submit to Dmoz when someone else who previously worked there probably already did so? You're shafted.

2) Google Directory pulls from DMOZ, which is a big mistake in my opinion. Not getting in one, automatically means the door is shut getting in the other.

Pretty sad that everyone wants to get into DMOZ (including me) and with such an overwhelming demand, they decide to be really careless and arrogant, and the more you try to get in, the less of a chance you have of succeeding.

YoSamz, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  4. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Not everyone.

There are people who have tried life after DMOZ and found
    that sites can do very well without being listed in DMOZ.

Stop driving yourself crazy trying to get listed and instead
    spend your energy building your site and you will be eventually
    on top of the game to your total surprise.

:)

fastreplies

fastreplies, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  5. jimmytazz

jimmytazz Peon

Best Answers:
    yp i have also been rejected or pending in DMOZ directory, i submit my site about 4 months ago and DMoz hvnt listed yet...

jimmytazz, Dec 29, 2010 IP
  6. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Self deleted

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
    snooks, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  7. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Chances of a couple of submitions being branded as spam is very slight, but the site is re-datestamped and an editor who does use the suggestions pool and does do that in date order will site the site as a new one and at the bottom of the list. Perhaps companies should keep better records of where they have suggested sites. Suggesting to several categories wastes editor time and is much more likely to be branded as spam.

Google choice to use DMOZ, we have absolutely no influence of their use or how often they update. Feel free to make your comments in a Google area!

I think you need to tell us where we are careless. Remember this is a group of hobbyists, none get paid, all work in their spare time and all do it for fun. Now you might not like that, but it is one of the reasons that Google have used our material. We also are different from most directories, we are not there for the benefit of the site owner, we really have no concern if listing a site gives the site any added value, we collect URL's , categorise them as a hobby and hope that anyone who wants to search the net using such style material will find our hobby results useful. Now if you begin to understand our motivation and reason for existence, you begin to realise why DMOZ is as it is. We would like the directory to be larger, we would like to categorise any unique content site, but the plain truth is that we do not have enough people (though we do have numbers in thousands) who want to spend their time categorising and collecting sites. Perhaps you would like to join us?????

Anonymously, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  8. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Please complain to google about that one. If enough people do, they will change...

Qryztufre, Dec 31, 2010 IP