1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to add Text editor for text area

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Tony Toreto, Nov 28, 2014.

Hello DP members.
    I am going to make a simple CMS system like WP or blogger as a final project in university. i want to add text editor in admin area so that admin can add customise text like bold, italic, headings etc. please tell me how can i add it..if you have some type of code for it please share with me.
    In admin panel under the publish a post page i have two fields title and contents. i want to add it in the content field. i Did not have full command on PHP but can do major with a little bit assistance :)
    Thanks in Advance ..
    waiting for reply

Tony Toreto, Nov 28, 2014 IP
  2. davidmoore789

davidmoore789 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    whats the purpose of having this.. Please clarify... Do you wish to allow your user to post on your blog as a guest or for another purpose.

davidmoore789, Nov 28, 2014 IP
  3. Tony Toreto

Tony Toreto Member

Best Answers:
    yes i want that admin use this to add post in the database

Tony Toreto, Nov 28, 2014 IP
  4. prince@life

prince@life Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Tony,
    The editor you're seeking for is called as WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) editors! It's best editors to provide a better content editing platform to the users.
    for your project, I would like to suggest you to go with a CKEditor .
    Here is a quick tutorial for you. It learns you to Integrate your CKEditor with PHP.
    Hope it helps you.
    Thanks

prince@life, Nov 28, 2014 IP