1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to add Google site map to wordpress blog

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by rukshankb, Jan 11, 2008.

1. rukshankb

rukshankb Banned

Best Answers:
    you wrong. we can add it

rukshankb, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  2. ColorWP.com

ColorWP.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can add your RSS feed as a sitemap, but it will contain only the last 20+ items (different from a real sitemap, which contains all of the pages), which is IMO all that you need.

PS: You can also add your RSS feed as sitemap if you are using Blogspot blog. Just for informative purpose. :)

ColorWP.com, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  3. tankard

tankard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am about to make a php script that gathers the post_names or IDs from the MySQL table "posts" and drops them as file names into my existing sitemap.

But then I have a dilemma. If I use post_names, the sitemap entry will look like:
    domain.com/keyword-blog/this-is-the-title-of-the-post

You see, a bit worrying, isn't it? It contains five or in some cases even 8 hyphens. Maybe it is better to use post ID? In this case the entry is
    domain.com/keyword-blog/post_id=1? or something similar. What's your opinion?

I too advise against plugins. I've heard from some webmasters that automatically generated sitemaps are sometimes rejected by GG!

tankard, Jan 26, 2008 IP