1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How the new Keyword tool works

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by toonbon, Mar 4, 2012.

The new Keyword tool gives you a field to enter a "seed" word and then you can select the type of match you want. Selecting Exact, for example, it seems to give you the exact search terms entered, for searches that also contained the seed word. Suppose, for example, I enter the seed word "barcodes" and then specify that I want Exact matches. What comes back is a list of exact keywords that don't necessarily contain the seed word "barcodes," as shown below:

keywords.jpg

I'm assuming that what I'm being given here are exact phrases that were in searches that contained the seed "barcodes." So clearly they're not doing an exact match of my seed word, since the only thing that would bring back then would the the single search that had just the word "barcodes" with nothing before or after it. So it looks like they're doing a broad match of my seed word and then reporting the exact phrases that were also in those searches. Am I interpreting this right?

Thanks for any information.

toonbon, Mar 4, 2012 IP
  2. paie

paie Peon

Best Answers:
    Working process of Adword keyword tool is same as old. Using this tool you can easily collect exact competitor keyword according to “exact” search, “broad” search or “phrase” search.

paie, Mar 4, 2012 IP
  3. toonbon

toonbon Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm new to AdWords and never used the old Keyword tool. Could you point me to a thorough tutorial or description? I understand the meaning of "broad," "phase," and "exact" matches but it's not clear how or when they're used by keyword tool. When you enter a word at the top of the keyword tool and select and Exact match, what exactly is being returned?

Thanks

toonbon, Mar 4, 2012 IP
  4. M8INTERNET

M8INTERNET Member

Best Answers:
    The results are based on previous searches performed on google
    So for example if someone searched
    "I need a barcode generator for qr code", then this would be matched
    "I need labels for my barcode machine", then this would be matched
    As you have only used one word neither broad or exact match will be appropriate
    Use phrases and compare

M8INTERNET, Mar 5, 2012 IP