1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How the blazes is bootstrap "easier"?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by deathshadow, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Gary-SC

Gary-SC Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It was an utter fail as far as I'm concerned. One example: In his "close to be final" prototype, he started the document contents with <h1>, but the tag immediately following it was <h4>, then some subtitles after that were <h3>. There was no logical order at all. He used those tags as a way to style title fonts as far as I could tell. The entire page was littered with Bootstrap classes. It was a mess to me.

He was telling my boss about things like keyword density, populating keyword meta tag with a few keywords and write text contents so that he would get the optimal keyword vs. total word count ratio, adding a bunch of open graph meta tags for Twitter and Facebook, and things like that. I didn't get to see him implement any of these things, though, because he started from how the site looked, not the site contents, and my boss fired him before he had a chance to get to that. He just whipped up a couple of templates (top and sub-page) with some random stock images and lorem ipsum texts all over the page. He probably spent no more than 15 minutes of his time at the most as it was pretty darn close to one of the default Pingendo templates.
    SEMrush
    I knew he was way off on some key fundamentals, but I didn't know he was *this* bad. So much for calling me fu**in' noob. Never knew I would end up witnessing a highway robbery right at work!

Gary-SC, Jul 23, 2019 IP
    mmerlinn and pxgfx like this.
    SEMrush
  2. pxgfx

pxgfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been reading a lot about web accessibility lately when I stumbled upon a certain video. It was an hour long video of a real blind screen reader user. She demonstrated how she browses the web on a daily basis using JAWS. I tell you guys it's not a joke! I feel like it solidified my understanding of what web accessibility is really about and what it's for!!!!!!!!!!!!!............

pxgfx, Jul 24, 2019 IP