1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How should someone under 18 go through the payment process?

Discussion in 'Payments' started by Jonathan, Nov 20, 2005.

How should someone under 18 go through the payment process? Isn't bank the quickest way to get money at the end of the month? Would all of the bank information have to be that of the parent?

Thanks

Jonathan, Nov 20, 2005 IP
  2. Crusader

Crusader Peon

Best Answers:
    Well to have an AdSense account you have to be 18 years old.
    So most likely the payment is done in the parent's name which means only they will be able to cash the cheque or deposit into their bank account.

Crusader, Nov 20, 2005 IP
  3. Jonathan

Jonathan Peon

Best Answers:
    What if you signed up all the forums with your under 18 information and didn't change it? Would they send you the payment? Would you get banned from AdSense?

Jonathan, Nov 21, 2005 IP
  4. S2X

S2X Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've signed up for Two accounts under my name, one a personal website and the other a business account, and I was 16 when I started out last year with google.

Two of my friends (both 17yrs old) have signed up for adsense accounts, and they have both been getting paid for the last 4 or 5 months.

I wouldn't worry about it.

S2X, Nov 21, 2005 IP
  5. Jonathan

Jonathan Peon

Best Answers:
    So I can sign up with my own info? I'm 16, turning 17 March 1st. I used AdSense about six months ago, stopped using it, and e-mail them saying I wanted to cancel my account. They asked if I was sure, I said yes, and they sent me the little $20 that I made. If I recall right, I put all my "under 18" information correctly on there...so I don't think it mattered.

Now I'm into AdSense for the long term like the rest of you guys...I want to make sure I don't do a silly thing to get myself banned like this. Hopefully AdSense would be nice enough to say, "At this time we cannot pay minors, but if you send us your parent's info we can send them the money you've earned, and for future payments."

Anyway...just wondering stuff heh ;)

6. S2X

S2X Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if you're worried about it then you might as well sign up under your parents name, there wouldn't really be any downside to that. Unless you're worried about losing a few days worth of ad revinue when you move out and have to switch your account to your own name :)

S2X, Nov 21, 2005 IP
  7. Jonathan

Jonathan Peon

Best Answers:
    Not worried about that, but for some reason my dad feels like I should just deposit it to my account. I'm gonna go ahead and do it if you've had good results. Hey, what's the worst that happens? They ban you? Hah! Still got Microsoft and Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! ;) haha

8. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    Uhh....good luck getting accepted to Microsoft and Yahoo :p

Just use your parents name if you're that worried.

Dekker, Nov 21, 2005 IP
  9. Jonathan

Jonathan Peon

Best Answers:

What do you mean good luck getting accepted by them? I don't know whether Microsoft will be difficult, but the only reason Yahoo isn't accepting right now, is because it's still in beta and the only accepted the first 2000...

10. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    Where'd you hear that from?

Dekker, Nov 21, 2005 IP
  11. Jonathan

Jonathan Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of sources, but I'm no veteran at this either so maybe they're just rumors. But Yahoo is supposed to go out of beta as soon as the next year begins and will accept lots of people then.

Supposidly......

Jonathan, Nov 22, 2005 IP
  12. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    Well....they'd better come out of beta soon, because right now they're only really available to the US.

What I'm saying is...play it safe with Google. Alternatives aren't that easy to get in to at the moment. And Chitika is hard to optimize for...though you can get some tips from my Chitika FAQ :p

Dekker, Nov 22, 2005 IP
  13. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    If I was under 18, I'd either sign up with my parents name or setup a company to sign up through.

jlawrence, Nov 22, 2005 IP
  14. Surfandskimer

Surfandskimer Peon

Best Answers:
    wouldnt really worry about it im 17 and im sure its gunna be fine when i get my frist check

Surfandskimer, Nov 22, 2005 IP
  15. Crusader

Crusader Peon

Best Answers:
    The thing is that you need to be 18 to sign a legally binding contract. For all intents and purposes if you sign up while you are a minor your contract with Google would be invalid.

They could decide at any time to cancel your contract with them and perhaps even keep the revenue generated from that account (seeing as they then have no obligation to you whatsoever).

I'm not saying that they will do this though, but it is always best to be on the safe side. Sign up with your parent's info, and then they can just transfer the payments from Google into your account. That way you are playing by the rules.

Once you turn 18 you can sign-up for an account of your own, and there shouldn't be any problems.

Crusader, Nov 23, 2005 IP
  16. Moncal

Moncal Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you sign up under your parents name remember that they have to pay the taxes. And you could always sign up under your name and not provide them with tax information until you turn 18 so that on your 18th birthday you hopefully have a nice payout.

Moncal, Dec 6, 2005 IP