How Should an Affiliate site look like?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by andrej, Oct 9, 2011.

What do you think? How should an affiliate site look like? What works best?: A site with nice design or an ugly site with your affiliate links and banners that will make your visitors want to just click on your affiliate links to leave your ugly site quickly?

I'm now not talking about Clickbank affiliate sites, but affiliate sites promoting a certain product - e.g. web hosting or LCD TVs.

andrej, Oct 9, 2011 IP
  2. mtmjohn

mtmjohn Peon

Best Answers:
    Web hosting affiliate programs can do really well with a review style landing page ;)

mtmjohn, Oct 9, 2011 IP
  3. deargodiouz

deargodiouz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    to get more trust from visitor, you must build nice landing page. like other affiliate site, you dont have to use impossible word to get consumers. but take some words to ensure them about the affiliate you did.

deargodiouz, Oct 13, 2011 IP
  4. JonRhodesUK

JonRhodesUK Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    There is no real right or wrong. Every site is different depending on the niche and the type of traffic you get. Experiment with different designs and see what works best for you. I would say though that giving away some genuinely useful stuff does help build trust, which is really the name of the game.

JonRhodesUK, Oct 13, 2011 IP
    andrej likes this.
  5. Mega B

Mega B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say that what works for one site may not work exactly the for another site,most of the time is trial and error i have to say that if i see a site with no end of affiliate links on i usually hit the exit button but some sites that provide information say on a gardening site and they have say a few affilate links on usuallly do pretty well as its not over powering.

Try different variations over a specific time period and note which combination gives the best results.

Mega B, Oct 13, 2011 IP
  6. psychicmystery

psychicmystery Active Member

Best Answers:
    just a a clear site with big banners on the top

psychicmystery, Oct 13, 2011 IP
  7. forexaff

forexaff Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The way you design your site depends on the niche you are promoting. But no matter the niche what's of importance is building credibility on your affiliate site, so visitors can know that the products you recommend are genuine and thus giving them a higher chance of signing up via your affiliate link.

forexaff, Oct 13, 2011 IP
  8. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    It all depends on the potential visitor, some themes work better than others, at the end of the day it's a case of trial and error

golfpro1, Oct 14, 2011 IP
  9. shuvo

shuvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Create a site with great content and with a simple design to make sure that your site loaded fast and give your visitors a good experience with less affiliate banners and links.

shuvo, Oct 19, 2011 IP