1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How profitable is the leather business?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Jorge2local, Jan 13, 2020.

1. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    you can probably do well with this if you can find a quality designer who will provide patterns that are either on-trend or true classics.

Will you set up a factory? Start with manufacture in your garage? Do you have reliable suppliers of leather? The more up market your jackets are, the more care you need to take that the leather is of a consistent, agreed quality.

Distribution will be important. Do your research - will people buy online? Do retailers require particular stock levels and size ranges? Will you have any issues filling large orders? What do you need to do to be able to respond quickly? Where will you sell stock that is soiled, no longer on-trend?
    SEMrush
    Much of this will come down to your start up capital.

sarahk, Jan 18, 2020 IP
    SEMrush
  2. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL

I heard Hollywood actors make a lot of money. Does anyone have any knowledge about immediately getting in to a Hollywood film as a major actor making millions?

Seriously now... there is a lot of money in a successful leather business if you know what you are doing. You have no idea what you are doing. You simply heard there's opportunity in a leather making business and now you want to learn how to manufacture and start a leather business? Just piss off.... This is just silly.

You have no interest in leather. You have no skill in leather. You only heard there's money to be made. There's also money to be made in medical, law, marketing, etc. But what is YOUR background? What are YOUR interests?

ps. It's HIGHLY HIGHLY unlikely that you will now spend the next couple of years to develop your leather making skill set to go start a successful profitable business based off simply hearing about the leather niche being profitable. Just a waste of time to ask.

NetStar, Jan 19, 2020 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. Anthony Constantinou CWM

Anthony Constantinou CWM Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on lots of factors. Please take opinion of professionals.

4. Jorge2local

Jorge2local Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can understand your emotions :D but don't get stressed as your advise will be worthy only if you share any informative comment :p
    I don't know where you saw that i don't have leather manufacturing knowledge, but it's better to read the replies before participating in the discussion :cool:

That's what i am trying to do

I agree with your point, buyers always attract on current trends, and therefore I also talked with the manufacturer so that I could protect myself from storing a large amount of goods.
    Regarding the size i did my research, and usually customers select the size patterns, but I'm also going to share an option for customize size.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2020
    Jorge2local, Jan 20, 2020 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I thought you wanted to manufacture... but you just want to be a shop?

sarahk, Jan 20, 2020 IP
  6. statusredox

statusredox Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Depends on what you're planning to do.

statusredox, Jan 21, 2020 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You're as confused as the rest of us, right?

sarahk, Jan 21, 2020 IP
  8. Jorge2local

Jorge2local Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @statusredox said something that you should focus.
    I have both options, manufacturing or engaging a manufacturer whatever is feasible in beginning.

Jorge2local, Jan 21, 2020 IP
  9. marktrevin

marktrevin Member

Best Answers:

It's up to you, how you make it profitable
    There isn't any term of profitable business, but it's the strategy that makes any business profitable

marktrevin, Jan 30, 2020 IP