1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How plugins use effect page load time ?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by ashokdhan, Jul 3, 2014.

Hi i am using some SEO plugins but tested the using of plugins increase page load time of site.
    The website loading is high when i am using plugins.

ashokdhan, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  2. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    How many are you using? Which ones?

The load time depends VERY much on how heavy the plugin is and how well it's written. If it kicks off a massive pile of queries every time you refresh, then obviously your site will take a big hit; if it runs on a once-a-day schedule behind the scenes, then there's less to worry about.

WP is heavy enough as it is (given that it's a CMS, rather than just pure HTML), so adding piles of plugins will undoubtedly make everything horrid slow.

TIEro, Jul 5, 2014 IP
  3. ashokdhan

ashokdhan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Thanks valuable information i will consider your points on my site. Again thanks for infromation

ashokdhan, Jul 5, 2014 IP
  4. Komicwords

Komicwords Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Many plugin now works with concern of speed. If the plugin makes you slow, perhaps you install too many of it

Komicwords, Jul 5, 2014 IP
  5. ashokdhan

ashokdhan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    agree with Komicwords many plugin work perfect with speed but if you have huge plugins it will create load on page. every plugin own css file it will create unwanted load on your page.

ashokdhan, Jul 6, 2014 IP
  6. ClarionGrade

ClarionGrade Peon

Best Answers:
    WP site response can be improved by caching. This will hold a compiled copy of the page in memory, so the page is served quickly.

Of course, it's another plugin;-)

ClarionGrade, Jul 6, 2014 IP
  7. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes it's old out dated plugins that is the problem. When WordPress updates to another version most plugin developers may need to tweak there plugin's coding to be compatible with the latest update. I bet the thread creator has more then 1 plugin that has not been updated in over a year.

Also it can be a web host that is the cause of the blogs bad performance. It can be a poorly coded theme that is conflicting with certain plugins. It could be Internet Explorer. (Yea, people do hate this browser)

snakeair, Jul 6, 2014 IP
  8. bellcom

bellcom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know you don't want to add more plugins but you could use this and remove afterwards:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/p3-profiler/faq/

There are a lot caching plugins such as: http://wp-rocket.me/

Some other speed related info:
    http://gtmetrix.com/wordpress-optimization-guide.html

Got to have a good host as mentioned and you can check your server load in your hosting control panel usually. Had some sites at hostgator that seemed to slow over time and support always blamed it on something different even though I knew it was an old slow overloaded server. I had some clients that never updated and had really old scripts but after I moved them to a better host we saw a huge difference in speed and load times.

bellcom, Jul 7, 2014 IP
    TIEro likes this.
  9. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd never seen that: it's very good. Just ran it on one of my sites and it's extremely useful, professional and clear. Thanks for pointing it out!

TIEro, Jul 8, 2014 IP
  10. flegmatic

flegmatic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress plugins affects load time by adding css stylesheet and jQuery on pages. There are many ways to improve your site speed.
    Read more: http://wpglory.com/wordpress-plugins-affect-site-load-time/

After all, site speed is part of google ranking alagorithm so it's very important to take care of.

flegmatic, Jul 12, 2014 IP