1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How often does Google update your website information?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by gregdavidson, Jun 26, 2008.

I just launched off a new website and realized that the keyword/phrases I was going for really weren't the right ones. Therefore I changed a lot of the content and keywords on my site hopefully for the better. When will Google re-crawl my website and update the search engines with the new info?

gregdavidson, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The is no right answer. It depends on how important your site is to google. A site like DP gets crawled several times a day - other sites maybe once a month.

mjewel, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  3. poshswinger

poshswinger Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends, if your website us updated frequently over a long period of time, then Google will send its spider more often and get your new pages indexed more quickly.

poshswinger, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  4. dinarpw

dinarpw Guest

Best Answers:
    I found out that when I put a link to my new website in my signature in DP, the new site gets crawled really fast and when I check my statistic (I use Awstats) I can find Google bots crawling my site everyday with the new updates.

dinarpw, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  5. pumpkinflirt

pumpkinflirt Peon

Best Answers:
    There is definitely no right answer but I do find signature links get more notice than other methods for my blog as well. In the end you can't make them index you faster.

pumpkinflirt, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  6. WishBone

WishBone Peon

Best Answers:
    If you could let google bots crawl more often, there's a chance that google data center will get update about your site contents, but it takes some time. Get good backlinks.

WishBone, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  7. edifierfans

edifierfans Active Member

Best Answers:
    for my experience, I update my blog twice a day and i got index the next day... pretty fast for me.

edifierfans, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  8. dusty7969

dusty7969 Peon

Best Answers:
    My site which is an addition to an existing site appears tone updated about o ce a month even though we are constantly refining the content

dusty7969, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  9. sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in

sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think google update my blog daily....

sarpras2005@yahoo.co.in, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  10. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    my site information update in 8-10 days

newlogo, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  11. GlobalCreativity.co.uk

GlobalCreativity.co.uk Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, i wantes to know this aswell. as i recently changed the metadata on my website. but when my site is listed on google search results it still displays the old meta data and not the new.

- GlobalCreativity.co.uk

GlobalCreativity.co.uk, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  12. webbmaster

webbmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i bet google visits DP on a hourly basis.. I know they do that with craigslist... also high ranking website front page gets google visit much more frequently.. thought you might be interested to know.. so if you have some important updates.. have a link from your home page will help..

webbmaster, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  13. lakehills101

lakehills101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the info. I've been learning and working very hard for the past 2 months to get my site ranked. This is my first Google update, so I'm eager to see if I've made progress. I have a big fat zero ranking right now, but according to hubspot, I should jump considerably. I've gotten lots of quality backlinks (over 1200), but have been surprised and quite frustrated by how long it takes Google to acknowledge them in webmaster tools! Thanks for the tips listed above and I'll keep reading and learning. It seems they don't index my pages quickly or thoroughly either; many are still not indexed (only 69 of 130, all linked and sitemapped well). I've done all webmaster tools suggests and have no crawl errors, bad html, etc. So here's my BIG QUESTION: Will my site get crawled more often or quickly if I advance in the PR? Any other tips to getting them to acknowledge my pages and backlinks will be appreciated. Many thanks!

~ Mike Knapp

lakehills101, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  14. knight9

knight9 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no exact answer to this bust usually it does updates the information after every quarter.

knight9, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  15. lokiing1`

lokiing1` Peon

Best Answers:
    Advertising free here? :mad:

lokiing1`, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  16. Spawn73

Spawn73 Peon

Best Answers:
    So, you can entice it to update pages?

my.cn.opera.com/snotspat/

my.opera.com/hinton1/

What I think Google needs is for people to ask the bot to do a rescan, it would be in their own interest to have updated information.

Spawn73, Jun 9, 2011 IP
  17. GuidoB

GuidoB Member

Best Answers:
    If yo'll change your website a lot of times (daily) Google will see that it will change daily, and they will visit you more!
    Some website are visited every hour, and some every month!

GuidoB, Jun 9, 2011 IP
  18. Spawn73

Spawn73 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually I found that Google has a webmaster tool that lets you update their pages, even if you're /not/ the webmaster.

What you do is to tell Google that you want a page deleted, from the "I'm not the webmaster" option. Then select "The information on the page has changed". Google will then prompt you for the web address and a sample word that has changed.

If verified the cached page will disappear from Google search, and the updated information will appear after 90 days. I don't know why it takes 90 days, perhaps this is Googles way to ensure that you don't use it to "cheat" Google to update you faster? But if I understood the 90 days thing correctly, it sure sounds like a way you could remove someone from Google for 90 days.

Anyways, this doesn't solve OP's problem, I myself was mostly concerned about how I could get Google to update pages I didn't control.

edit:

Uh, I checked out what this forum is about (I found this page through Google), so I guess you guys all ready knew this. Anyway, I just learned it today.

I do have a domain though that I intend to put some content on, so it looks like I stumbled onto the right forum. :D

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
    Spawn73, Jun 9, 2011 IP
  19. emily

emily Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have adsense installed, google will visit your page every time, a new page is accessed :)

emily, Jun 9, 2011 IP
  20. harry.singh

harry.singh Active Member

Best Answers:
    google just keeps updating all the time .. If you see in the webmasters tool the Search Results Position for your keywords keeps changing daily... It seems to be after the new panda update

harry.singh, Jun 9, 2011 IP