1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How often does google update their rankings?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by juzi1986, Jul 15, 2011.

If I get a link today when will it start to affect my google rankings? Is that called a algorithm change?

juzi1986, Jul 15, 2011 IP
  2. Adnan959

Adnan959 Member

Best Answers:
    You have got it wrong. PR and BACKLINKS are two different things.

In reference to your question - your link can take up to 3 weeks to show up in Google Webmaster Tools. However, Google is able to detect link activity on a daily basis.

Adnan959, Jul 15, 2011 IP
  3. faysal969

faysal969 Member

Best Answers:
    After indexing the backlinks you will start to get the link juice. And the indexing in search engine depends on the nature of the link. If your backlinks are DoFollow and are from high PR popular pages then they will be indexed very fast.

faysal969, Jul 15, 2011 IP
  4. bridesmaiddresses47

bridesmaiddresses47 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think there are 2 possible cases here. On the first one Google would update the SERPs in real time and constantly, as soon as new information is retrieved from its crawling bots. For example, if a bot was crawling a certain page and discovered that the Title tag was changed, it would immediately report it back to a central data center, that would in turn update the database and the ranking positions for this particular website.

bridesmaiddresses47, Jul 16, 2011 IP
  5. ColorExp

ColorExp Peon

Best Answers:
    you r wrong too. he is talking about search rank not page rank. next time, read question carefully :)

ColorExp, Jul 16, 2011 IP
  6. Canadaontop

Canadaontop Peon

Best Answers:
    The link you get back to your website will be in effect after crawl by the Google bot. It may take 1 -2 days.

Canadaontop, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  7. Guisbar

Guisbar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I think the simple answer would be often.

But, if I think more and more, I think there are 2 possible cases here. On the first one, Google would update the SERPs in real time and constantly, as soon as new information is retrieved from its crawling bots. For example, if a bot was crawling a certain page and discovered that the Title tag was changed, it would immediately report it back to a central data center, that would in turn update the database and the ranking positions for this particular website.

Second, Google has a fixed schedule to update all the results together. The schedule here could be daily, every 48 hours, every week and so on. For example, it could do it once every 48 hours, and on every update it would combine all the data retrieved from crawling bots and recalculate all the SERPs simultaneously.

Guisbar, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  8. zeuscool

zeuscool Peon

Best Answers:
    Very often, like twice a month. But this update is not visible in Google bar so often, in Google bar this update is updated 3-4 times a year :)

zeuscool, Jul 21, 2011 IP