1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How often do you click an ad?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by God Like, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Ratchet

Ratchet Peon

Best Answers:
    If it has something that looks extremely relevant to me, I'll click.

Ratchet, Feb 22, 2009 IP
  2. Androidster

Androidster Guest

Best Answers:
    i generally make it a point to click on at least 1 ad if i come across and small/new site, especially if there's an ad that im interested in

Androidster, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  3. sumit1710

sumit1710 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your kind of people are probably cause of small publishers being banned on daily basis

sumit1710, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  4. tiptopcat

tiptopcat Peon

Best Answers:
    When I first thought about making money online, I clicked loads of the "make $100 in a day" ads, hoping to learn the secrets in quick time. That is when I knew nothing about people making money from adsense.

These days I hardly click ads unless they look helpful to me. Clicking on other people's ads may seem helpful but think about it - if that person decided to try and evaluate their stats, their results would be misleading.

Organic clicks are always the best. I think we all want to make sure we are attracting genuine customers.

tiptopcat, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  5. tendulkar2

tendulkar2 Banned

Best Answers:
    Nope.. I don't click on any ads intensionally...

tendulkar2, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  6. byyp

byyp Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know how relevant the ads can be for my requirements, so, I only click on the ads if the blog or site provides me food for thought or good information. Else, I just move on. So, for me its like give and take!

byyp, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  7. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is so true. Being within the web dev/site building arena we shouldn't arbitrarily click on ads. If there is something there that sparks interest, then what you should do is "search" for product.

SFOD_D223, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  8. config_error

config_error Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if the ads interest me then i clicked it..but if dont then i dont click..

config_error, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  9. eLeSlash

eLeSlash Active Member

Best Answers:
    i never click sadly.

eLeSlash, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  10. joebert

joebert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I accidently clicked one on my own site yesterday.

I don't think I follow advertisements very often. Most of the image banners I see are retarded looking and I tend to find pages with search engines more often than a sites navigation areas so I think I look over the text ads 99% of the time without even seeing them.

Every once in awhile though, an image catches my attention. :)

joebert, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  11. hardip2057

hardip2057 Banned

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Basically, It is automatically clicked when I busy with fast directory submission..BUT It doesn't load page and dont go to next site. So Is it consider as click if site doesn't open OR page move to next page?

hardip2057, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  12. PaulB-IOM

PaulB-IOM Peon

Best Answers:
    I never click on Adsense ads, I think it's born from avoiding them at all costs on my own websites, it's a sort of ad fear :)

On the other hand I will sometimes use the sponsored results next to the search results in Google if I see something that grabs my attention. It's usually when I'm searching for something to buy and can't be bothered with all the splogs that seem to fill Google's natural results these days.

PaulB-IOM, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  13. BCRoller

BCRoller Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to own some forums and I did run ads on them but I never, ever clicked on my own ads (that's a BIG no, no) and I never made a point of asking anyone else to do so, either (if viewers seen something that caught their eye, they clicked and, if not...oh well, no harm done). As for ads I see on any other websites, I "only" click those if I have a legit and sincere interest in what the ad may be for. I know that clicking an ad can help earn revenue for the person (website) displaying the ad but, for those who are actually paying the price to have those ads displayed on anothers site in the first place, "those" are the ones that lose out when they receive nothing more than "false clicks". In my opinion (and I mean NO offense by this), false clicks on behalf of a human being are of little difference than false clicks done by a bot; all of it leads to nothing but a loss of funds for the original (paying) advertiser and I simply don't have the heart to do that.

BCRoller, Feb 23, 2009 IP
  14. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    Believe it or not the google Adsense algo can detect when this happens. If there is a repeated pattern of continuous pre-load/close. You may get a nasty gram. But of course, google can shut you down without a sound.

Be careful!!.

SFOD_D223, Feb 24, 2009 IP