1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How my Paid Traffic data goes in Direct+Referral+social channels in google analytics?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by Irfhussseooo, Apr 3, 2018.

During this march month i had noticed that some paid campaign data had reported in Direct+Referral+social channels in google analytics..when i deep inside it i found nri campaign had been run on irrelevant country...so my question is that how my paid ads landing pages found in direct + refferal and socils channels.

Attached Files:

Irfhussseooo, Apr 3, 2018 IP
  2. ShortGuyzRule

ShortGuyzRule Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just to clarify, are you saying that individual visits are being logged as all 3 sources (direct/social/referral) simultaneously? Or that they are being inconsistently categorized as any of the above? Also, you mention that it's from your PPC campaign to your landing page to your site - what/who do you use for your landing pages? (The reason I ask is because Weebly/blogger etc often show up as "social" in GA, and subpages thereof will show as "referral", Tumblr often does similarly as tumblr.com (social) or t.umblr.com (referral)

ShortGuyzRule, Apr 4, 2018 IP
  3. Irfhussseooo

Irfhussseooo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Basically i want my paid traffic to website should move on paid search channels not on direct channels or referral channels...

Irfhussseooo, Apr 4, 2018 IP
  4. ShortGuyzRule

ShortGuyzRule Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh...That's not a setting that we have any control over lol...how Google chooses to categorize that is totally on Google - unless you specifically link your ad campaigns to your GA....Which PPC Network was your campaing with anyway? Adwords, BingAds?

ShortGuyzRule, Apr 4, 2018 IP
  5. Irfhussseooo

Irfhussseooo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Which PPC Network was your campaing with anyway? Adwords, BingAds?

Adwords

Irfhussseooo, Apr 4, 2018 IP
  6. andrewterrol

andrewterrol Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is strange. I think the analytics agency that is helping me, are offering a free Google Analyitcs audit so you could try it, as I am sure it will reveal why this happens. A friend of mine also used that audit for their website and he said that the results were impressive.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    andrewterrol, Apr 15, 2018 IP
  7. rogerflash

rogerflash Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should always use UTM when running paid campaigns
    ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/campaign-url-builder/

in this case you can be sure for 100% than you will have correct numbers in GA

rogerflash, Apr 25, 2018 IP