1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much you are earning from writing?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by kks_krishna, May 5, 2008.

1. Online Writer

Online Writer Peon

Best Answers:
    I can make around $60 every hour but I'm a bit lazy and only have one client right now. I could (in theory) make $200 each day writing 10 articles.

Why don't I do this? I'm an idiot. My plan is to work for 4 hours straight every day as soon as kids get out of school. It sucks to be in the middle of a great writing groove only to have to shuttle kids around half the day. You lose your motivation and energy.

Online Writer, May 21, 2008 IP
  2. imthunder

imthunder Peon

Best Answers:
    Finding your feet is very hard, even if people like your work they still won't pay more than $5 an article. (starting out)

imthunder, May 21, 2008 IP
  3. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL - So very true! I've given up working while the kids are awake. I work after their bedtime - hence my "very part-time" reply earlier. :)

internetauthor, May 21, 2008 IP
  4. musebay

musebay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Work 2 hours a day, earning around $2100 from this part time work

musebay, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  5. st_hart

st_hart Member

Best Answers:
    i have never sell my articles yet. i want to do it actually. recently i just post my articles in my blog.

st_hart, Jun 8, 2008 IP
  6. Sakariwrites

Sakariwrites Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just change my bedtime and work when the baby's asleep. Getting very frustrated as I try to complete quality work with minimal sleep. And coffee won't keep me awake either :p

Sakariwrites, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  7. SFolega

SFolega Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to work at the kitchen table with a one year old tugging at my leg! It is hard and it is distracting. She is starting to understand (sort of) that when Mummy is sat in the Kitchen at the table she is busy! :)

SFolega, Jun 9, 2008 IP
  8. sdas

sdas Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    What is technology writer? Is it writing about technology like cell phones, laptops and so on?

I hope to hear some replies soo. :)

sdas, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  9. CrowneEffect

CrowneEffect Peon

Best Answers:
    how do u find these writing opportunities?

CrowneEffect, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  10. Tori

Tori Peon

Best Answers:
    I am a full-time freelancer and I also bring in a large amount of the income that supports my family every month. I, on average, bring in about $2,200-$2,500 a month. I work about 25-30 hours a week depending on the kids and how things are going.

Tori, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  11. Tori

Tori Peon

Best Answers:
    I have regular clients that I work for but when I first started out I looked on several different freelancer sites such as elance, oDesk and rentacoder. There are also several others. By searching the threads here you will find many of them listed.

Tori, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  12. Tesseract

Tesseract Peon

Best Answers:
    I post many of my writings to my blogs, I write articles, poems, short stories and hopefully a novel in the future. I don't make a huge amount of money but when I write for people they seem to pay me, so all it good.

I joined this site to help me improve my sites and look for more writing work, I love to write but sometimes I need topic focus, so I use people's requests to narrow my vast knowledge into what people want.

Tesseract, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  13. manHa

manHa Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean "by writin" :confused:

manHa, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  14. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    Had my work ethics been a little better than what they are now, I'd be making near around 3k - 5k a month. However, I'm a lazy college boy and living in Thailand keeps my expenses so low that working just a few hours a week pays for everything.

Currently my monthly revenue stands at 1500 a month with about an hour of work a day. Not to bad, I'd say.

Justin_Dupre, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  15. SFolega

SFolega Peon

Best Answers:
    This isn't always true. I think it depends on what qualifications and samples you have to show them. Sometimes, some clients think they have you by the balls if you are new. Just because you are new doesn't mean you have to settle for rubbish fees. :)

SFolega, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  16. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    When I was new to Web writing, the first independent client I worked with (independent as in not a content network) paid $.35 / word for nonexclusive rights. Being new had nothing to do with it. If you start out thinking you have to accept crap rates, you're far more likely to remain one of those writers always being paid crap rates.

jhmattern, Jun 19, 2008 IP
    WebmasterTL likes this.
  17. WebmasterTL

WebmasterTL Banned

Best Answers:
    Thats great, I wish my gf can cook:(
    And your taken already.. LOL:p:D
    I earn a few bucks on writing. Not my field. More to adsense.. Cheers

WebmasterTL, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  18. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When thinking about earnings, remember, it's not how much you make in total, it's how much you're making for the effort being put in.

I'd rather make $100 a day working 10 minutes than $200 a day working 8 hours.

As Jenn alluded to, you general get paid what you're "looking" for. I've turned down many jobs that apparently are far higher than some numbers I'm seeing thrown around here. The work is out there. You just need to position yourself properly and go get it. :)

BTW, I make money monthly without working----from writing I did for myself in the past. If you can write, don't forget to save some time for yourself. Depending on your overall skill set in everything (business, marketing, etc), it may take some time, but at least you're building a way out of the rat trap.

marketjunction, Jun 20, 2008 IP
  19. Tesseract

Tesseract Peon

Best Answers:
    Well said - it is surprising what 2 hours of writing can make you over the long run (on the internet).

Tesseract, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  20. musebay

musebay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So true. But these days, it's quite hard to look for someone who wouldn't pay crap rates, especially here on DP.

One day I got lucky. I found someone on DP (now a steady client) who is paying me $25-50 per page depending how many articles I could finish. I have a one year contract with him and will expire this November. Hopefully, the renewal includes a higher pay :)

musebay, Jul 20, 2008 IP