1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much you are earning from writing?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by kks_krishna, May 5, 2008.

HI,

I want to know how much you are earning from writing and what is your subject of writing?

kks_krishna, May 5, 2008 IP
  2. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Why?

Perry Rose, May 5, 2008 IP
  3. kks_krishna

kks_krishna Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just want to know. I also know some subject like technology and programming. want to write articles.

4. Sam 735

Sam 735 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually writers are usually offered low prices...It's about 5-10$ for an article...But if you feel really sophisticated you may get till 100$...

Sam 735, May 5, 2008 IP
  5. kks_krishna

Best Answers:
    Once I was writing for Oreilly publication on Java Technology. They paid me $500 per article. I think it depends on the industry.

6. webgal

webgal Peon

Best Answers:
    It does depend on the industry. I do far more copywriting than article writing but I've never written an article in my life for $10. Having said that, I have written articles for a charity free.

webgal, May 5, 2008 IP
  7. Lefthandedwriter

Lefthandedwriter Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm primarily a freelance copywriter, as well. I've got year-long retainer agreements set up with three different advertising agencies that are good for about $47k (at about 20 hours per week), plus the frequent one-off gigs every now and then. I've recently started doing some affiliate marketing and other IM, putting my experience into play for my own profit.

Still trying to find the right mix of affiliate sales, adsense, article marketing and blogs, but if it keeps going like it is right now, I just might break 6 figures this year.

Lefthandedwriter, May 5, 2008 IP
  8. bobbyt

bobbyt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have earned about $70 in 45 days worth of writing... I have written on topics ranging from travel, anti aging, celebrities, blogging, forums, internet marketing, reviews, laptops and digital cameras.

Looking to charge more in the near future, probably targetting about $150 earnings per month. I usually do both copywriting, rewriting and article from scratch.

bobbyt, May 5, 2008 IP
  9. qiwoman

qiwoman Guest

Best Answers:
    I have earned anything from 200 to 800 bucks a month. 800 bucks was the highest I reached two months ago. I hope I can get to earn a grand a month at least from writing. Unfortunately living in a Western country just to pay rent, bills anf food we need around 2,500 bucks a month and that is eati8ng lots of noodles lol and no luxuries. Although I love noodles anyway..and dumplings. I can cook wicked food.

qiwoman, May 5, 2008 IP
  10. snarke

snarke Peon

Best Answers:
    To be honest I'm not earning as much as I probably could. While I would love to take the time to find the higher paying clients (and obviously work on my marketing skills), I get caught up in the "I'll take anything as long as it helps me pay the bills."

Usually though my months range from $800-$1300....and I'd really like to improve that.

snarke, May 5, 2008 IP
  11. kks_krishna

Best Answers:
    If you are technology writer, try to write for Oreilly.. they pay good for writers.

12. ruffneck119

ruffneck119 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My writing gets me all of my web design jobs, and I am a full time freelancer.

:)

ruffneck119, May 9, 2008 IP
  13. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    I used to write stuff for business websites but the pay is very low, I now plan to outsource my work to freelance writers.

cool_78, May 11, 2008 IP
  14. anetoiu

anetoiu Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm looking for a job like this but I didn't found one. I think it's a very good thing to be paid even 1$/post :)

anetoiu, May 11, 2008 IP
  15. jssc

jssc Guest

Best Answers:
    Usually people conclude that there's absolutely no money in writing and I admit it has been pretty hard for me to make everything fit with what I earn right now but I really wouldn't trade a writing job for anything else since this is what I believe I'm good at.

I could look for better offers though...

jssc, May 11, 2008 IP
  16. EspressoChick

EspressoChick Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I have a couple of different specialities -- the new age/metaphysical, not-for-profit and things that appeal to women (like lifestyles type of articles/copy) are areas I write about often. I usually make about $25 an hour, sometimes more. It depends on the client -- and how fast I type! :)

EspressoChick, May 11, 2008 IP
  17. josechukkiri

josechukkiri Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This article is interesting to me. Today I read an article in "Vanitha" a bi-monthly in malayalam language, my mother tongue. A woman from calicut was stated to be earning Rs. 40,000 per month, ie, about $1000. I surprised to understand about this. My country people are so grown up to this level. A kind of enthusiasom developed in me. Now I am searching for more details.

josechukkiri, May 12, 2008 IP
  18. KeywordsandCopy

KeywordsandCopy Peon

Best Answers:
    I detail my income on my blog, and this year I am averaging just about $40/hour working full-time as usual.

KeywordsandCopy, May 12, 2008 IP
  19. naraxshikamaru047

naraxshikamaru047 Peon

Best Answers:
    so far I earn $130 from writing job. I target to get about $1000/amonth

naraxshikamaru047, May 12, 2008 IP
  20. WritingZone

WritingZone Peon

Best Answers:
    I usually get earned through Blogging approx $10-15 per post (200-300 words). Topics can vary, generally I write for some technical and gambling websites.

WritingZone, May 13, 2008 IP