1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Much Would You Pay?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by MrJohn, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Accelerin

Accelerin Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, it depends upon the length of the content or on your discussion with your client.

Accelerin, May 17, 2011 IP
  2. maruxz

maruxz Peon

Best Answers:
    In my country I work as a hired blogger. That's little different from a single text writing for 3 or 5 dollars, because you must plan a blog and maintain it. Of course you need to put some original content there on a schedule. Such texts are more expensive, but they require some more effort besides writing a good SEO content. Maybe you should look for more challenging writing tasks, which are paid more?

maruxz, May 19, 2011 IP
  3. silencespr

silencespr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To the OP i run many websites and always look for quality content writers and would pay more for such work and would never hire $1 per 600 words you get what you pay for.
    Also your post is horrible and lacks writing skills and i would not hire you just on that simple factor, replies like Conran , JamesW2983, Crimebuster_of_the_Sea, jcoutts1 shows me that they are quality content writers and they show their skills in your thread and i would hire one of them in a blink.
    As you can see i suck at writing and thats why i hire people which gives me more time with other technical stuff of my clients websites.

silencespr, May 20, 2011 IP
  4. happydeals

happydeals Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I pay $3.50 per 400 word article. I have tried many content writers and only a few do the job well for this price. I had one lady writing articles for this price and then when she got popular she started charging $10 per article

happydeals, May 23, 2011 IP
  5. jcoutts1

jcoutts1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, that's enlightening. I wouldn't have thought it possible to find anyone with a claim to sanity who could "do the job well" at that ridiculously low price.

jcoutts1, May 23, 2011 IP
  6. JosiahHumphrey

JosiahHumphrey Peon

Best Answers:
    an exact price is hard to give without know how quality your quality content really is.. but if you know your content is good then you should be charging $10-$20/500 words and there are agencies out there that will pay that kind of money if the content you are producing is of a high standard.. it all comes down to the style you write for, the quality of your work and if you are willing to sell your services at a higher level then everyone else and PROVE yourself to the market place.

JosiahHumphrey, May 30, 2011 IP
  7. gb-translation

gb-translation Member

Best Answers:
    Here's a question? Once you've had articles written for you, what do you do with them? How do you profit from article marketing? I have had articles written for me, posted them on various article sites, and linked to them from Facebook, Twitter, Digg etc. However, there seems to be something that escapes me. Once you have articles of good quality, where do you post them, on articles submission sites or blogs? How do you get people to read them and link to them?

Many thanks for your answers.

gb-translation, May 31, 2011 IP
  8. Crimebuster_of_the_Sea

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It really depends what your subject matter is and what you want the articles for. Do you have a website that you are linking your articles to? Good places to create links are HubPages, Squidoo (especially for affiliate marketing), blogs, article directories like Ezine and articlebase. You want to make sure that your website (if you have one) is full of unique, SEO optimized content - the more links you have to your website from other areas will increase your page ranking but only if your web content is unique. Hope this helps?

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea, May 31, 2011 IP
  9. iNET SEO

iNET SEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I personally wouldn't ever consider writing cheap articles. I charge $90 for 500 words for a one-off page, but discounts are available for bulk / on-going work. I am always busy because what I produce far exceeds the average most can offer.

iNET SEO, May 31, 2011 IP
  10. georgescifo

georgescifo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion it is better to charge 5- 10 USD for 350 - 400 word articles in my country. It may vary depending upon the country that a content writer belongs to..

georgescifo, Jun 1, 2011 IP
  11. JosiahHumphrey

JosiahHumphrey Peon

Best Answers:
    This is so true.. Not only the country that you're from, but also what you're English level is.

JosiahHumphrey, Jun 1, 2011 IP
  12. Crimebuster_of_the_Sea

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It shouldn't matter what country you are from. What should matter is your level of English. If it is poor don't expect to be paid much (or hired at all), if it is extremely high people will pay the extra for perfect, well researched work.

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea, Jun 3, 2011 IP
  13. tnbturbo

tnbturbo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I personally would pay $1.50 per 100 words for a well written article.

tnbturbo, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  14. JamesW2983

JamesW2983 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ^^^^
    This...(well said)

I have never understood the concept of earnings in relation to the country in which you reside...makes no sense to me.

I am more than capable of writing an article, strewn with spelling and grammatical errors, in fact I'm sure I could give many of the $1 per 500 word gang a run for their money, but simply because I am from London, should I expect to be paid hundreds of dollars for producing pure crap?

It works both way people!

The sale of the most expensive property in the world recently went through in Mumbai...in a country that is purported to be "third-world".

Sachin Tendulkar, possibly one of the greatest batsmen to ever walk this earth, makes over $9 million in advertising and sponsorsip deals per year....based on the country comment above, does this mean that the Little Master should not be paid as much, simply due to the country of his birth?

Forget where someone is from, forget where they were born, forget where they live now...if they are capable of doing the job you require, pay them accordingly.

Cheers
    James

JamesW2983, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  15. thewhitehouse

thewhitehouse Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'd charge £10 for a 250 word article if I were you :)

thewhitehouse, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  16. rockeerz

rockeerz Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on your profession and the english content skills you have....

rockeerz, Jun 8, 2011 IP