1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much would you pay?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by topicalone, Sep 2, 2006.

1. mads

mads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But isn't keyword density, etc. an issue if you ask somebody else to write your content?

mads, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  2. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Not for people who run quality content sites. Those are sites that worry only about writing for the reader, and build high rankings because they have a solid reputation, and build backlinks because people simply find the content useful enough to want to link to it. I've never once had a high level client (in terms of pay and their general company size) even so much as mention keyword density. When smaller sites don't have the general reputation to attract visitors, sure, they have to worry about it... but that's where the difference comes into play between hiring professional writers, copywriters, or basic content writers. One group has a focus on high quality, another on the marketing aspect, and the other will write anything you tell them to write for the most part. So it depends on what kind of site you're running, and what your goals are, if you're going to outsource writing.

Jenn

jhmattern, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  3. andybh

andybh Peon

Best Answers:
    about $3-4 obviously depends on the quality, the article writing business isn't the most profitable.

andybh, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  4. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    You're completely wrong, Andy. Professional writers work for much more than 3 to 4 dollars an article, and make quite a lucrative career out of writing.

DeniseJ, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  5. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Denise is right. Professional writers rarely make less than a few hundred dollars for a feature length article... some much higher, depending on their specialty (such as higher rates for things like medical and legal writing by professionals).

Jenn

jhmattern, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  6. hazelj80

hazelj80 Guest

Best Answers:
    It really does depend on who's writing your work. I, at least, got to see a sample article before i decided to get the real thing. i pay 22 dollars an article. that's 1000 words. i read it myself and i must say the article is very well written, or else it wouldn't get downloaded and judged in some of the best directories on the internet like associatedcontent.com and buzzle.com. i judge who writes for me on how an average of two-three articles do against others like it in a popular, authoritive directory like those mentioned above.

yes, experts who charge a ton of money might, and i mean might, slightly be better. but if i know, for a fact, i can get the same thing for a lot less, then i will. experts may not always convey sentences like a true writter can. it's what they do, write! a lil research and those who charge less can get it done just as well. throwing money at something, at least for me, isn't always a solution and i choose to work with what i got and it's workin out just fine IMHO.

hazelj80, Sep 9, 2006 IP
  7. Pat Gael

Pat Gael Banned

Best Answers:
    Agree, besides author's proficiency and experience, there are several factors to consider setting up rates, including complexity when it comes to articles written by speciality experts.

Pat Gael, Sep 10, 2006 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  8. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    EXPERTS are true writers, hazel. They've poured their time, talent, and dedication into striving to be the best of the best, and as a result they are able to charge prices that may seem exorbitant to people unfamiliar with the craft.

DeniseJ, Sep 11, 2006 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  9. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    I wonder, and Hazel, correct me if I'm wrong, if Hazel was referring to webmasters or SEO folks writing about their areas of expertise. So perhaps experts in this sense are more along the lines of gurus.

Web experts, or gurus, might know a great deal and get that knowledge across, but not always with the same style or panache as a professional writer.

I believe she was actually being complimentary to the writers of the world...

Rebecca

internetauthor, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  10. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Oh gosh. please don't go throwing the term "guru" around lightly about internet marketing professionals. You'll get me on a whole different rant that you don't want to hear. ;)

jhmattern, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  11. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    I was using it only to differentiate between webmaster experts and writing experts, although we all know there is tremendous overlap between the two. :)

12. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    There are definitely some overlaps with some people. I was just teasing. ;) I meant that while some would like to think they're "gurus", we just recently had that debate on so-called internet marketing gurus and associated scams in another thread, and I was hoping the discussion was finally dead. I could happily never hear about another "guru" as long as I live ;)

13. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL, I missed that thread but have seen similar. Didn't you know? I'm secretly a guru trying to get my name back in the spotlight! :)

14. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    lol Oh shoot. You fooled us all! ;) ... now don't even think of going there... I've only got two professionals over here I'm comfortable referring articles and such to anymore. And if you turn into one of those so-called guru types, I'd only be left with DeniseJ. :p

15. hazelj80

hazelj80 Guest

Best Answers:
    well, as far as this whole conveying ideas part of this whole thread goes, i know that my mom was an RN for almost my whole life and has a ton of child experience and a masters. but that doesnt make her a true writter. It makes her a expert in her field. i know this becasue she is just wanting to reword plr articles for stucture and changing a few things here and there (which personally I was against). now, my lil borther, however, is a very talented poet and can convey words like no one i know, and that's no hype. could he write about the same subject the same way? In this case, I'm gonna say yes with research.

In the end, it's you get what you pay for, but weigh your options and whichever works, then go for it, whether it cost tens or hundreds of dollars.

hazelj80, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  16. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    Jen,

Don't worry, I'm too busy with toddlers and teaching to become a guru - yet! Thanks for the shout out, btw. :)

Hazel,

I agree completely. If a writer, such as your brother, is talented enough, he can probably write on a variety of topics and should charge accordingly.

Rebecca

17. Foggy

Foggy Link and Site Buyer

Best Answers:
    Ghost writers know almost nothing about their subject but when they put together a celebrity autobiography - even a crappy one - they get paid tons. Maybe it's a little about knowing where to put apostrophes' ;) and more about who you know ;)

Foggy, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  18. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm assuming this is a secret test, and you're waiting for someone to point out that apostrophes as you used it above isn't posessive and doesn't require an apostrophe! LOL

internetauthor, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  19. Foggy

Foggy Link and Site Buyer

Best Answers:
    The smiley mocked my pathetic sense of humour, and kinda gave it away.

You failed the non-existent test, my friend. :)

Foggy, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  20. bochgoch

bochgoch Peon

Best Answers:
    The whole question of articles is an interesting one to which there are two sides. There's the bang-out-500-words-on-any-subject-for-$5 side versus the informed, informative and well written side that costs appreciably more. The need for unique content drives the first and comes from current SEO techniques and the factors that influence them such as current spidering, ranking and indexing algorithms. The sooner there's more reason for the quality side and less for the quick and easy the better for the web as a whole!

bg

bochgoch, Sep 13, 2006 IP