1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much would you charge for a mobile website?

Discussion in 'CSS' started by webnewvie, Apr 5, 2013.

Hello Everyone,

I am new to world of web development. I recently got a client that needs me to make their website mobile responsive.

I need to write a css code for them that makes their website hand-held device friendly.

I was wondering if you guy could tell me how much I should charge the client for this service? I did some research and all I could find was some information about how intense the testing is going to be when I try to make the website mobile friendly.

I would really appreciate it if you could please let me know the average price junior developers should usually charge for writing a responsive css code.

Thanks you
    webnewvie, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  2. wiicker95

wiicker95 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If your markup and current stylesheet are correct, all it will take is targeting another stylesheet with MEDIA attribute. Since "handheld" is usually read as "screen" with a low, but undefined, max-width, then this is a good way to go : screen and (max-width:700px). That value can go up and down, but it's usually something around these lines.

(if you are new to web development, why are you making websites for people?)
    wiicker95, Apr 5, 2013 IP
    blueparukia likes this.
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This is implying that mobile should be separate from the rest of the site -- these days it shouldn't... Wiicker95 hit the high points of it, it really hinges on what you already have and how it's coded -- most likely even then you're looking at throwing it ALL away and starting over since most existing sites are built with broken half-assed outdated non-semantic markup, little if any separation of presentation from content, much less concepts like fluid/semi-fluid and/or elastic layout... which makes applying responsive layout near impossible. Particularly if the page is filled with "but I can do it in photoshop" idiocy.

To even give you an idea what's involved, most of us would have to see it first as anything we tell you here without that is little more than a wild guess.
    deathshadow, Apr 6, 2013 IP
  4. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well for normal I always suggest to just create a mobile css and have the core of the website stay the same but in that case the core as to be coded in a way this is possible.

The price in general will depend on the number of custom sites you need to rework and the quality of the code of the regular css, if you have correct every line it will of course be more costly.

Maybe you should give an example of a site to have a base to talk about
    Sensei.Design, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  5. mobileninja

mobileninja Peon

Best Answers:
    Instead of doing complete custom design, have you thought about using mobile CMS such as mPress, which would make your work a lot more efficient
    mobileninja, Jun 17, 2013 IP